Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the site to see who has installed these on a Gen 4 2011/2012 model zx10r and could not find the write up anywhere if anyone has done it already. It is very tight in under the air box and they have a plastic rubber covering everything under there.

Who has done this and what do u do with the sensor which goes into the unit which is being removed? Will it through a FI light if u leave it alone? I know on the 07/08 ZX6R someone took a staple and made a connection from the two pins to stop the FI light.

Let me know if anyone has done this and what your results have been.

Thank you:dontknow:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Leave the valve in the harness, or you will get an FI light. (Or have your ECU flashed to ignore it)

You "could" just rip out the plastic shield.......

I just plumbed them together with a piece of hose.
No results....only clears up the a/f for dyno tuning.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ivan's block off kit includes a mod to defeat the Fi light. Take the entire KLEEN air actuator out. Every gram helps!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
pull the tank, pull the airbox, pull the plastic cover off teh front, the system is up front, 3 hoses, two screws on top of each place, piece of cake

·
Registered
99 Posts
pull the tank, pull the airbox, pull the plastic cover off teh front, the system is up front, 3 hoses, two screws on top of each place, piece of cake
Do you have pic. of it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ivan's block off kit includes a mod to defeat the Fi light. Take the entire KLEEN air actuator out. Every gram helps!

Just plug the air lines and be done with it... If every gram counts then take a good crap before you ride. :crackup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
you can remove it, I have done it more than a few time's. You can Ivan's. His kit comes with the block off plates and everything you need to do it. No "FI" ... And you Do Not have to have the light cleared in the ecu... And you Do Not have to make it with a resister.. Have it on my gen 4 . No lights and No issues

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Linking the stock plates together with some hose from the pump is the easiest. I removed mine and installed driven block off plates and it was a pain in the ass. Kawi uses some crazy loctite on those Allen bolts and there's no where to work in there. I don't think Ivan's makes a kit for the 4th gen but you can make your own with resistors so you can ditch the pump.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had my mechanic install mine. All my other bikes have just had the pare valve mod done like many have described on here with the hose. This is the 1st bike I've actually installed the plates. No issue to report either way.

V-Dub

·
Banned
311 Posts
What's the advantage of doing this mod on a bike with just the commone mods? (Guhl reflash, exhaust, no cat)

I already had to do some of this labor to get to the ECU to send out for the reflash.
So, not I'm thinking about installing with KLEEN plates and a BMC air filter now.
Might just have Kyle racing throw this in the box when I have the steering damper revalved.

·
Registered
78 Posts
^^^ I have a similar question.

I just got my bike flashed and dyno tuned on my Bazzaz. Got a BMC filter, slip on, bazzaz, flash and a custom tune.

Is this mod worth doing even after all of this? I wish I would have known about this mod and told Guhl to eliminate the FI light for the KLEEN air.

I'm not sure if I want to send my ecu back in just for that mod.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Linking the stock plates together with some hose from the pump is the easiest. I removed mine and installed driven block off plates and it was a pain in the ass. Kawi uses some crazy loctite on those Allen bolts and there's no where to work in there. I don't think Ivan's makes a kit for the 4th gen but you can make your own with resistors so you can ditch the pump.

Ivan's has them for the gen4 and you don't need the resistor. It comes with a jumper cuppler for the pump removal. Nice and clean install also comes with the hose block off for the air box. I have it on my bike.....

·
Banned
311 Posts
I got the block off plates from Kyle racing.
Do I need to do any mods to avoid any issues or lights? (resistors, ect)

Or, do you just simply remove the KLEEN system, install the plates,
and it's done?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
It's the same for all Gens. Just Gen4 has different electronics(ECU) under tank. Otherwise just search for smog block off plate install on here.
Take the tank and air box off and its all right in front of you. Pictures aren't really necessary but they are on this site, gotta look around for 3-5 minutes.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts