Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered myself an RCS19 CC for the 2016 ZX10R. Since the bike anyways comes with Brembo MC hardware, I assumed the stock reservoir and tubing will work on the RCS19 as well.
However, the Kawasaki service-station mechanics told me that when this is installed on the zx10, on full left steering tilt, the brake reservoir hits the meter console. They claim that this is the issue which they have seen on every single Gen5 ZX10 that they have installed the RCS19 or Corsa Corta on. I am now wondering how NOT to let this happen when I go this weekend to Kawa for the installation on my bike.

Anyone here has faced this issue? What can be possible solutions to avoid this?

·
Registered
791 Posts
OEM stuff won't work. You have to order the RCS reservoir kit that comes with a bracket that relocates it a bit better.

However, since Gen5 OEM reservoir is the same as in the kit mentioned above, you can settle by just ordering the relocation bracket from the kit and re-using the rest. Here's the link to the bracket:

The brake fluid rubber hose that comes with the gen5 will not work because it's pre-bent a certain way, which will not work with RCS easily. So I suggest you get a foot of the clear, Tygon (must for brake fluid) tube and cut it to exactly length once the master and reservoir are installed. Also note that the nipple on the RCS can rotate if you carefully do it for optimal location in relation to the reservoir so that brake fluid hose runs naturally and doesn't end up with kinks. Also Tygon, clear brake fluid hose allows you to visually tell if there's brake fluid present and if there's air so it's a really good thing to have. You can get the Tygon tubing from the same place:

Also, RCS19 is not the correct master for your calipers. Rather, RCS17 is what Brembo made specifically for M50 calipers that are on Gen5s. It will still work but you will loose some ability to modulate brake pressure. Some people run it and they're happy with it and for some it's too much. So keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Do the Gen5 bikes have forward facing Triple Tree Pinch bolts like the Gen4 bikes do?

Custom Brembo 45cc Mount Kits on the Gen4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts