1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Nice thread, generous of you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I actually tried this over the weekend. on the 3 pin connector black to white resistance should be 4-6k ohm as per the service manual. i got away with a 33 ohm resistor on the 2 pin connector for about 5 seconds then it fried it. The ecu wants to see 3.5-3.75 volts on the yellow wire circuit. I was using 1/2 watt resistors... I was too lazy at the time to monitor the actual current draw to see what wattage resistors I needed to get.
I'll post the service manual pages tomorrow so you can see what it calls for.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Fluke True RMS.

We use these at work. We have a lot of 90V equipment and the law states a person must be licensed to work on 90+ voltage so we actually set them all at 89 volts so we don't have to have some many licensed technicians.

Hence we use True RMS volt meters to validate the voltage set at 89 volts. Otherwise I see no real need for a TRUE RMS meter for the home mechanic. Notice mine still has the plastic film over the display. All my shit looks brand new years later. I am a fanatic about that.

This servo eliminator will be plug and play using the existing connectors on off the servo motor itself.
We run a bunch of 90VDC motors at my work as well. Good motors, but I'm not a fan of brushes and carbon buildup.

I've got an amp clamp at home and can figure watts when I get back if you
haven't already

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Why not just leave the servo motor plugged in? I removed my butterfly valve.....long ago and left the servo motor plugged in as to not recieve the FI light.....It doesn't really weigh very much at all.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Why not just leave the servo motor plugged in? I removed my butterfly valve.....long ago and left the servo motor plugged in as to not recieve the FI light.....It doesn't really weigh very much at all.
removing the servo is more of a space saving..
but for weight anals, a few grams worth a lot.

I have Ivan's eliminator that I got from a member for almost free.
But if I didnt have it, I'd probably get into this as well.

The servo location was replaced by my GPS anti theft system, scorpio alarm, and PC3.. Now my trunk is completely empty for my personal stuff :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Simply awesome.:ayyy:

Does the Servo Motor FI light fix applicable on ZX-10R, 04 and ZX-6R, 05? I am asking this question since Ivan's Server Elim is the same for both bikes.

·
Registered
829 Posts
but for weight anals, a few ounces worth a lot.
That would be me :smile:

In case anyone else is interested, the 06-07 servo, cables, clamp, & cable guide weighs in at 545g, or a poofteenth over 1.2 pounds.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
No, I haven't purchased a TRE yet for a couple reasons.

I really like the factory gear indicator. Someone told
me a couple months ago the XTRE would not disable the
factory indicator and I just about ordered one then.

I love a responsive, crisp throttle, but I started to wonder
if the TRE might make lower speed hairpins a bit "twitchy".
I like for things to be smooth when in a full lean, especially
in the lower 3 gears.

I would like to see what you come up with.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
History repeats itself. Search BNninja.

But hey...if Ivan can do it, so can someone else. Just have a spare ECU around just in case...:helmet:

·
Registered
268 Posts
:popcorn: subscribed

·
Registered
29 Posts
No need to tear apart existing servomotor. Problem solved, you should have known.
I did my DIY servo eliminator for my 1st Gen few months ago. Cost approx. 1$.
Works perfect this far, done many trackdays with it installed.
Go to www.600RR.net and search and copy it from there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You mean this thread?

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=103279

Why couldn't you have just posted it instead of saying 'go search it out and copy/paste it yourself'?

How should he have known? Not everyone goes around every forum searching out other bike's fixes. He's trying to do everyone a favor by figuring it out, why be rude about it?

Now I guess it just needs tested out on (at least) 2nd gens and 3rd gens to verify that ours are the same.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts