Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This evening I was talking to my buddy (a local kawasaki dealer). He told me that the 10r arrival has been pushed back even further because of gearbox problems. He said they should arrive late march if we are lucky. I hope this is not true. :cry:

Ck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Having seen this song and dance by mfg's every year for 18 years now, I can attest that dealers don't know anything more than you and I about when bikes will actually hit. Bikes begin hitting showrooms within days of hitting the regional warehouses.

The real question then, is when will bikes hit the warehouses? Not even Kawi folks know for sure. Of course, someone will know when the boat is due in port, but Customs and clearing can be held up. Moreover, it's likely that certain warehouses get allocations before others (I don't know why, but this is very common). Thus, bikes could be in showrooms in IN, IL, MI, OH, MN, but not anywhere else until the next boat. But, rest assured that a boat is likely coming over every two weeks with KHI product.

So, we need to wait for someone to verify that they have seen a production model on the ground somewhere, or know that production models are in warehouses. Other than that, anything you hear is simply the perpetuation of another rampant rumor.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was told late February today by a dealer I know. I know not concrete. But he did say that there allotment was being cut down. He was going from 4-2 on his initial delivery.

·
Registered
262 Posts
cbrf41999 said:
I was told late February today by a dealer I know. I know not concrete. But he did say that there allotment was being cut down. He was going from 4-2 on his initial delivery.
News from the UK :cry: :cry:

My dealer (who is also a good friend of 20 years) has been told by kawa UK that the first shipment of retail 10R’s are scheduled to arrive at port on Feb 28, and by the time they have cleared customs and been allocated, they wont be in the dealers until early March.

He has also been told that his allocation has been reduced from 10 to just 4 (I have my name on the first green one), due to the fact that less than 100 bikes are hitting our shores in the first shipment…….. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Your boy isnt gonna jack the price on ya? You figure if all the dealers get hit with less shipment...The price will go sky high.

Thats not exactly good news only that your'll be the only bloke with a 10R in your group.

·
Registered
265 Posts
What we need to do is have everyone report on the first ZX10R on the dealers floor.

My best guess is last week of February in most countries. Last week we heard Finland was getting their stock first but as the time moves on we can see this a very small chance. We have had burgerkin saying if he pays an extra 500 Euros they will fly them in to Holland.

I would understand if delivery is last week of this month, then Kawasaki must have them on the docks in Japan ready to ship and or in boats and on their way.

I have motorcycle friends and business contacts in various regions around the world and no one has a firm date on arrival of the ZX10R in their countries.

I also heard that they will be short supply in the first month or so and everyones knows getting things through customs now is slower than ever.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Its offical the delay will make us wait till may!

Kawasaki ZX-10R Production Delayed

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/index.html

Copyright 2004, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.

According to a January 30 memo sent by Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. to dealers and obtained by Roadracingworld.com today, production of the 2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R has been delayed.

The memo states, "Shipments to dealers are expected to start aproximately 60 days later than indicated in your Vehicle Confirmed Delivery Schedule, and to continue at that rate."

The delay means that ZX-10R Kawasakis should start arriving at dealers in May, 2004.

At post time, Roadracingworld.com was unable to reach a Kawasaki spokesperson and was awaiting a return phone call.

sry dudes....dont kill the messenger!

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
If they delay it much further they're gonna have to call it a 2005 zx-10.
Maybe they intend to get it out earlier but want to give themselves a cushion, hopefully anyway.
Has anybody else ever heard of a bike coming out in May?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Blk10R said:
Roadracingworld say's March not May. :lol: Man you about gave me a heart attack saying May. :lol:
I copied and pasted it sooo RR changed it up... I remember reading may but I looked back and now its march well the end of it anyhow....same difference.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
NinjaJoe said:
Blk10R said:
Roadracingworld say's March not May. :lol: Man you about gave me a heart attack saying May. :lol:
I copied and pasted it sooo RR changed it up... I remember reading may but I looked back and now its march well the end of it anyhow....same difference.
Thats good my plan for an April purchase is still underway then.
Welcome to the forum Dallasite.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts