1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you know what insane prices is??? I'm from Denmark, and a ´07 zx10r, costs aprox. 43000 usd.!! And 1 liter gasoline is aprox. 2 usd, and I pay aprox. 2500 usd for the insurance and add to that road tax 250 usd a year. That is truly insane...

Dennis

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know what insane prices is??? I'm from Denmark, and a ´07 zx10r, costs aprox. 43000 usd.!! And 1 liter gasoline is aprox. 2 usd, and I pay aprox. 2500 usd for the insurance and add to that road tax 250 usd a year. That is truly insane...

Dennis
:eek:t: and :bs:

http://www.kawasaki.de/product.asp?Id=3404B4F7773

Looks like the 2008 is 13,545 euros. Which works out to about $21,672. Still very expensive compared to what we pay here in the states. And yes, your gasoline prices are a lot higher--over half of the price of fuel in Europe is taxes. When I looked to get my 2005 10R, I shopped around for insurance. I was quoted anywhere from $400 up to $3500 per year. Maybe you should shop around. :dontknow: Can't help you on the road tax. You need to complain to your Prime Minister. I am sure that will go as far as complaining to the President does here. :wink:

Chris

·
Registered
530 Posts

Dennis
That is crazy! What is the explanation for that kind of price gouging? I can't imagine why they would cost so much :heyyou:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
13,545 euros??? he he he... I wish! That's in germany my friend, in Denmark it's twice the price: http://www.rydbergsmc.dk/Kawasaki.12.0.html

239.995 Danish Kroner. = 43000 USD!!

So it's not just very expensive, its INSANE!!

Maybe someday it will get better, but likely not while im alive.. ;-)
I would venture to guess that 75% of that price is made up of various taxes..as you know the reason for the high price of fuel in Europe are the taxes that are tacked on to the price

our government is trying to convince us that the way to conserve fuel is to raise the price by adding more taxes that they get to do what they want with it...

kinda like a drug addict saying if he had more dope he would be a better person that could do a more efficient job :rolleyes:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Geez I thought they were pricey in Canada at around $13500 for a new litre bike. How does anyone afford a toy at those prices? Maybe the average salary is much higher in Denmark?:dontknow:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
so theoretically this friday when people refuse to buy gas in order to cut prices, it could work. haha THEORETICALLY

·
Registered
95 Posts
So why can't we export to these countries - I'll gladly sell mine and buy a couple here in the U.S. with 20K left over...

Don't go by only the exchange rate - devalued dollar - 239 Kroner compared to what kind of average salary - or better yet, home cost - does housing go for only 650 Kroner?

·
Registered
679 Posts
So once again.. 15% reality combined with 85% hocus pocus.. and wah-lah... we have complete anarchy in the prices of vital goods... well who said the conspiracy theorists are dead... they are right.. and this time there is proof...

...such bullisht.. i am so sick of this..when 3 gallons of gas costs me 12 dollars.. it makes it that much harder to enjoy riding my bike.. and truth be told..if my bike ran off of water... fructose....swish grass.. biodiesel.. .it wouldn't effin matter!! i could RIDE and REASONABLY!! Im gonna just go and invent a blood burning motor... then they can just slash me and use my blood to run the country... oops.. i forgot .. they already are!

--am I disgruntled?? lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
You better believe it's all B.S. -- we maintain our own domestic reserves and have a suspected mother lode up in Alaska (though not environmentally friendly to tap it...) but it boils down to a governments choice to subsidize or tax the oil/gas used...

Nation City Price in USD Regular/Gallon
Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48
Norway Oslo $6.27
Italy Milan $5.96
Denmark Copenhagen $5.93
Belgium Brussels $5.91
Sweden Stockholm $5.80
United Kingdom London $5.79
Germany Frankfurt $5.57
France Paris $5.54
Portugal Lisbon $5.35
Hungary Budapest $4.94
Luxembourg $4.82
Croatia Zagreb $4.81
Ireland Dublin $4.78
Switzerland Geneva $4.74
Spain Madrid $4.55
Japan Tokyo $4.24
Czech Republic Prague $4.19
Romania Bucharest $4.09
Andorra $4.08
Estonia Tallinn $3.62
Bulgaria Sofia $3.52
Brazil Brasilia $3.12
Cuba Havana $3.03
Taiwan Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
South Africa Johannesburg $2.62
Nicaragua Managua $2.61
Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

·
Registered
197 Posts
You better believe it's all B.S. -- we maintain our own domestic reserves and have a suspected mother lode up in Alaska (though not environmentally friendly to tap it...) but it boils down to a governments choice to subsidize or tax the oil/gas used...

Nation City Price in USD Regular/Gallon
Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48
Norway Oslo $6.27
Italy Milan $5.96
Denmark Copenhagen $5.93
Belgium Brussels $5.91
Sweden Stockholm $5.80
United Kingdom London $5.79
Germany Frankfurt $5.57
France Paris $5.54
Portugal Lisbon $5.35
Hungary Budapest $4.94
Luxembourg $4.82
Croatia Zagreb $4.81
Ireland Dublin $4.78
Switzerland Geneva $4.74
Spain Madrid $4.55
Japan Tokyo $4.24
Czech Republic Prague $4.19
Romania Bucharest $4.09
Andorra $4.08
Estonia Tallinn $3.62
Bulgaria Sofia $3.52
Brazil Brasilia $3.12
Cuba Havana $3.03
Taiwan Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
South Africa Johannesburg $2.62
Nicaragua Managua $2.61
Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12
Where did you get that bollox that the UK is paying $5.79 for a gallon. A gallon is 8 pints or 4.54 litres, we are currently paying up to £1.20 a litre or £5.48 per gallon at $1.90 exchange it works out at $10.41. You guys have got it easy...........I know we pay more in taxes than you, but trust me guys, you have it commin as well...........

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
$10.41. You guys have got it easy...........I know we pay more in taxes than you, but trust me guys, you have it commin as well...........
And as far as our governments (Federal, State, Local, and all other jurisdictions ..school districts, water districts, mosquito abatement districts, assessment districts etc etc etc) the sooner the better

:diablo_an

·
Registered
392 Posts
Where did you get that bollox that the UK is paying $5.79 for a gallon. A gallon is 8 pints or 4.54 litres, we are currently paying up to £1.20 a litre or £5.48 per gallon at $1.90 exchange it works out at $10.41. You guys have got it easy...........I know we pay more in taxes than you, but trust me guys, you have it commin as well...........
Now correct me if I am wrong but I was married to a girl from London and her father told me; Gas in the UK is so high because of over population of a small area and they raise the prices and tax it heavily to make people take public transportation. The UK as a whole is about the size of Montana here in the states. You guys have 60+ million living in that area. England itself is about the size of Alabama and you guys have 50+ million there to our comparison of 4 million in Alabama. We don't have over crowding of roads and as a country have more miles to travel to get to things (the US is 3,537,441 sq miles compared to the UK 150,117 sq miles) but they are still jacking our prices. Still no where near as bad as you guys get jacked though, but at least your government has a somewhat legitimate excuse, as your roads couldn't handle the amount of people if gas was affordable. Ours is doing it just for the sake of greed and lobbyist. But we are both getting screwed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts