Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fella's I decided that it's time to get another bike and start riding again. I found a couple of bikes that I was interested in and thought that I better call the insurance company first before I get the loan and all that. Well it turns out that I won't be getting another bike. :sad: I have been getting rates from $2000 to $8000. Some of those rates are liability only and some are full. I have checked prices on another zx-10 and even an R6. Guess I will have to wait about 3 more years to get one. Guess tongiht I am going to go home and watch some of the old bike video's that we made and :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
i told you...you get that single vehicle accident on your driving record and you might as well bend over...have they got around to increasing your rates on the rest of the vehicles? i switched myself to primary on the oldest paid off vehilce with just liability coverage and my wife is primary on everything else until the accident falls off.....for bike purchase do like i'm doing....buy a cruiser for the street to at least be on two wheels and a track bike that you won't need to insure.....the cruiser is only costing me 300.00 a year for full coverage....if you don't want to mess with the cruiser thing then just go for the track bike.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ya, they increased my truck insurance by $800 a year

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
did you try to contest the insurance company's determination of fault? I still am.....Everytime they send me a letter i fire up the computer and send back a two or three page rebuttal just to delay it out longer......What the hell i'm not back to work yet anyway.. :)

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
luckz88 said:
Well fella's I decided that it's time to get another bike and start riding again. I found a couple of bikes that I was interested in and thought that I better call the insurance company first before I get the loan and all that. Well it turns out that I won't be getting another bike. :sad: I have been getting rates from $2000 to $8000. Some of those rates are liability only and some are full. I have checked prices on another zx-10 and even an R6. Guess I will have to wait about 3 more years to get one. Guess tongiht I am going to go home and watch some of the old bike video's that we made and :beer: :beer:
Move to FL. and buy a bike outright or put half down. No ins, required here. The 10 is the first bike that I have insured. Of course you'll have to ride it back to GA or NC to ride some twsties.

Check rates on a supermoto or vfr750 or a standard bike as a cruiser alternative. I've ridden Deal's Gap on a clapped out 1985 Interceptor 500 and it was a blast. Look into bikes you wouldn't think of if you had another choice before just giving up. When I had to go without a cycle for a while, I rode the piss out of my mountain bike- hardly touched it lately.

Insurance pisses me off- scammers, sorry for your troubles.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm paying $61/month with State Farm....

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
he is talking about how much rates go up after you have had an accident on the bike....even if the accident only involves you because most insurance company's opinion is that there is never an occasion in which you should lose control of your vehicle.....mine was on a mountain road with rain and fog going 15 mph under the speed limit.....still my fault because speed was too fast for the conditions.... :) ps...i had State Farm as well paying 350. every 6 mos but after the accident it was doubled....thats why you don't report anything unless its a total loss..

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fixer said:
I'm paying $61/month with State Farm....

You won't be paying that after you make a claim...Read thru all of our other threads on this subject. I was only paying 45.83 a month with state farm.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZX10Miami said:
Move to FL. and buy a bike outright or put half down. No ins, required here. The 10 is the first bike that I have insured. Of course you'll have to ride it back to GA or NC to ride some twsties.

Check rates on a supermoto or vfr750 or a standard bike as a cruiser alternative. I've ridden Deal's Gap on a clapped out 1985 Interceptor 500 and it was a blast. Look into bikes you wouldn't think of if you had another choice before just giving up. When I had to go without a cycle for a while, I rode the piss out of my mountain bike- hardly touched it lately.

Insurance pisses me off- scammers, sorry for your troubles.

I have a klx110 that i am in the process of puttin street tires on. I plan to run that gap on the like an hour before it gets dark the next time that we go up there

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I checked w/ progressive before my wreck and they wanted $3200 for full coverage without any accidents or tickets

·
Registered
967 Posts
It's one of those deals where you have to check nearly every ins co that exists until you find a premium that's not insanely outrageous. Don't give in just yet, keep checking around and hopefully you'll find something. I have 2 sportbikes and 2 autos and I pay 1100 yr. It was lower but just increased to that amount because I added another vehicle. I am not happy with that price and i'm searching for a lower premium myself. btw I'm with the little green guy. Good Luck with your search

AFMEDIC

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have had State Farm since 93. I had them when I had my accident in '03. However, I was not at fault nor was I given a ticket. My rates never changed. The only changes there have been were for a speeding ticket I got in Pa.

Also try another agent. See if another agent will do more leg work than the agents you contacted already. Maybe you can get lucky. I pay $600.00 year full coverage. But I also carry $100,000/$300,000 coverages after my wreck.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have two tickets on my record..no accidents if that matters.. One ticket is coming off in Dec. and the other one some time in 06. Its also full coverage.

I found progressive to be way too high...it was crazy.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
State Farm is usually the best for sportbikes because rather then class them into categories they just go off cc's....for non sportbikes aka cruisers that works against you because of the higher engine displacement (cc's) and that is where progressive usually beats out state farm.....but it doesn't matter who you go through....once a company has to pay out 10K for your totaled bike they are going to make you pay for it in the end.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I just finished takin a defensive drivers test and then i called geico which is the company my truck is thru. They said for a 2005 R1 for a year it will be around $800 which is high from before but from what all these other jokers have told me it sounds pretty good. So this puts me back in the ridin mood again. I was pretty bummed out yesterday about those quotes i was getting

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I know a way to beat the system. Nothing illegal. Pm me if your interested..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts