Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Is the bike street/strip or strip only? Most of the guys locally have had good luck w both the hook up and power one. Power one is a little lighter, but hook ups can be had a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
whats working best for u at strip ? considering shinko hookup or pilot pure.
I running Race takeoffs from ebay.... 180/55 Pirelli Supercorsa on my 09' zx10 and I have atleast 140-150 runs on it will thread still on it.
Also running a Michelin Race 180/55 on my 03' gsxr1000, never had any problems from it even with the temps under 55 degrees when racing last weekend.

BTW thanks for response on Psychobike.. Head milled question.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks patrick. street and strip, actually considering both you named, like the lighter weight of power one. thanks for input.

·
Registered
842 Posts
180/55/17 on low 5 second bikes here

·
Registered
103 Posts
i love my pilot power 2ct...i do more street than strip, and i've never had problems at the strip with traction. they seem to last me a long time.

·
Registered
871 Posts
If the bike is SWB something like PP 2CT would be great. Ran one on a 04 and it worked fine. Once it was stretched and leaving a lot harder tho, it wouldn't get the power down consistently.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Shinko U soft here. lil on the heavy side but for the $$$ you can't beat em.

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
I pay $200 for them and the last one last me the whole season so to me it was worth it! Now I keep hearing good things about the the hook up and the only reason I refused to use it is because its a couple of pounds heavier but other than that the tire is great.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hookup hooks great and are cheap. The Power 1 works as well, supposedly gives a bit more mph and et. I don't know that I'm consistent enought to tell but I have run them both.

·
Registered
779 Posts
P1

My Power one lasted over a year 150 to 200 passes and almost 3000 mi. Stock motor bike at 63in. I just shortened up the bike to 59in and its hookin at 25 psi.I haven't heard anything bad about the hook up's either, I just haven't tried one.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The hookup will hook a bit better as I have had both on my zx10, it is kinda a wash in how they last because a power1 lasts twice as long however costs twice as much. The hookup is not flat but it is also not as pointed as the p1 so it actually has a bigger footprint. No issues with either tire no mph diff. as best I could tell, but the shinko did hook better out of the whole with a touch more air pressure(keeping in mind thats launching pretty hard)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts