1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
It looks like they are some kind of rivets. My guess is you would drill them out and rivet on the new ones.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I was searching for wheels for my 06 and stumbles upon these, pretty good price conscidering you get rotors and wheels. They look pretty trick as well, only concern I have is what ifyou warp a rotor, there are no bolts, only the rotor buttons, how do yu replace rotors?

http://www.carpimoto.com/content/prod/l_EN/s_7_Brakes/fi_33_Braking/pr_28104_B_ONE_Wheels__Wave_Disks__Rear_Sprocket.htm
My guess is those rotor buttons work like the ones you get with EBC pro lite rotors. They have a snap ring on the backside that you dont see in the pix. That is how the EBC's work. Remove the snap ring and the back of the rivet pops off, then it just comes right out. I would be willing to bet they are removeable.

JJ

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My guess is those rotor buttons work like the ones you get with EBC pro lite rotors. They have a snap ring on the backside that you dont see in the pix. That is how the EBC's work. Remove the snap ring and the back of the rivet pops off, then it just comes right out. I would be willing to bet they are removeable.

JJ
Cool, then what do you think about the wheels, I read somewhere they are made by oz just branded braking. They work out to around 1400 USD.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Just wonder how heavy the rims are though..... Kawi's rims are light to begin with, if they were magnesium id def be intrested.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wonder how heavy the rims are though..... Kawi's rims are light to begin with, if they were magnesium id def be intrested.
Actually, I am pretty sure I read in RRW that the Kawi wheels and brakes were on the heavy side compared to all the rest of the liter bike wheels.

I looked all over Brakings site for weights on the wheels and could not find anything. They are forged though, I would bet they are close to what the stockers weigh.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I emailed them to get a quote on shipping and such to the USA so I could figure out exactly how much these things go for.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a lot more than you'd think :lol:

I recieved a quote from a US importer of these that said they can order them and they would come in at about 1600$ so right at what you can get a set of Marchesnis for, but you have the wave rotors too which are around 500$ so still a good deal, just not sure if I am sold on the spoke design.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are 1000Euros from the link I posted, which works out to 1389$ USD, plus you would have to add shipping and export/import fees that are aplicable to that so I would bet it would come close to 1600$ either way.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
It really comes down to do you like the look, and are willing to pay the price for that look.

As for lighter weight, in all it's considerations, that has several methods (some would feel better methods) to get there. And some would (depending on how the bike is used) would find out that what they have stock, has major pluses.

(hows that for saying nothing definate?) RoK On :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I recieved a quote from a US importer of these that said they can order them and they would come in at about 1600$ so right at what you can get a set of Marchesnis for, but you have the wave rotors too which are around 500$ so still a good deal, just not sure if I am sold on the spoke design.

You found an importer? I remember trying to go through Caprimoto once and they basically said it goes for whatever the exchange rate is.

For $1600 that is a good deal if the rotors are any good

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It really comes down to do you like the look, and are willing to pay the price for that look.

As for lighter weight, in all it's considerations, that has several methods (some would feel better methods) to get there. And some would (depending on how the bike is used) would find out that what they have stock, has major pluses.

(hows that for saying nothing definate?) RoK On :)
HUH:dontknow:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts