Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the engine from my 06 with an 07 Zx10. I got everything back together and my injectors aren't sending fuel. I replaced the injectors and it turned on. I put everything back together then it didn't fire up again.

I pulled the injector rail out of the throttle body and pointed then up. hooked up the tank to if it would spray fuel and non of the injectors are not working again

The tank primes, but nothing comes out of the injectors. I have pulled every connection apart and spray the electronic cleaner.

I cannot find where the bad connection is. I have removed my power commander, but still have my tre plugged in. Checked the grounds for the battery and chases. I saw a thread about a blue connector, that goes bad but I think it was only on the first gen because I could not locate it. It is in neutral when I try to crank it to rule out kickstand and clutch sensors.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
The connector that goes bad is factory wrapped in black electrical tape and can be hard to find. Member hellsrazor is the one that made the thread so search his posts or PM him.
Good luck man.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
...I'd start around the crank and cam sensors.

No, that's a lie. I'd open the service manual and do troubleshooting from that first. Everything you need to know about the bike is in there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked cam and crank sensors. I cleaned all connectors.. Then all of a sudden had power to the injectors. I hooked the tank back up and it started up. I put everything back together, air box fairings, seats, and it wouldn't crank up again.. Same issue.. No power to injectors..

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
commom wire to injectors, believe its white and red, is power, u can tap fuel pump as scource of power if thats your problem. try a jumper from pump to the single wire that splits off to power injectors. kickstand can also disable injectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts