Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the injector size is on the the 2011+? Primary and secondary.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Thanks Garth. :) Off-hand, do you know why they stepped down the primary size from the 3rd gen (they're 440-ish, right)? Did they go larger on the secondaries compared to the 3rd gen?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I believe they are 440's

Not sure on why they down sized but even at 320-330 cc's times 8 you wont run out of fuel!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
If I had to guess, the reason they stepped down, is smaller injectors have better fuel pattern at lower rpms, and like Garth said, 8 320cc injectors is enough to drown that motor in fuel

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Yeah for sure....

I ran my bike with E85 and I have a tune in my L mode that has about 35% fuel added to the uppers and lowers.... I still had to add another 18% fuel to the lowers with my PCV and my injector duty cycle hit 91% !!!!!

Hopefully with adding more fuel to the uppers I can keep that rich fuel mixture with out maxxing out my uppers and lowers.... but I haven't messed with E85 in a while

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will be running e85 so I'm looking for as much fuel as I can get, especially since I plan on running a bit of nitrous through it also. It looks like 4 330s and 4 440s at 60+ psi should work out just fine. Now I just will need to wait and see if I will have enough adjustment through the kit ecu.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hey garth you said about running the e85 I did some research they said 30% more fuel delivery. 6-10 hp gains. Thats nice is it something that don can map into my multi map or do i also need a power commander.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts