Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
lol :headshake:

Edit - Actually, i do that when i lube my chain on the stand.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Used seafoam too. Works fine. Just make sure you scale it based on tank size according to the instructions on the bottle.

·
Registered
766 Posts
What's the easiest place to insert the Seafoam tube? I'm guess it's downstream from the airbox but that means removing the tank and reinstalling it again? Is there an easier way?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
I just poured it in the filler cap into the tank.

·
Registered
148 Posts
What's the easiest place to insert the Seafoam tube? I'm guess it's downstream from the airbox but that means removing the tank and reinstalling it again? Is there an easier way?

Cheers
Two different types of seafoam. The type you're referring to is a mist injected down the intake manifold for cleaning piston crowns and the type poured into the tank is more for injectors. But the answer, I believe, would be no there is no easier way to use that product to clean carbon from the pistons. It has to be applied through the intake and it cannot go through the air filter first.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks thanks! Added seafoam yesterday and kept the rpm near redline for a 15 mins ride. Started my bike today and the idle seems to have gone better.
Near redline was completely unnecessary, and stupid for 15 minutes on a good bike let alone yours. Sure it handled it but most certainly you did more harm then good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts