Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Indy Moto GP coming around,we need to start the tire a rollin' and work on a Meet & Greet!
Here is last years meet and greet,theres several members from the site who couldn't be bothered by meeting for the picture.so the group was a bit larger than us here.

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
what day and where was this taken? hooters?? i met a couple of you guys fri or sat night at the bike shows. definitely looking to go back again this year for my 3rd motogp
With the Indy Moto GP coming around,we need to start the tire a rollin' and work on a Meet & Greet!
Here is last years meet and greet,theres several members from the site who couldn't be bothered by meeting for the picture.so the group was a bit larger than us here.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Race day

what day and where was this taken? hooters?? i met a couple of you guys fri or sat night at the bike shows. definitely looking to go back again this year for my 3rd motogp
that picture was taken behind the pagoda on race day aug-29.
a few of us met up at Champs up north the thursday night before the raceweekend for a bike night up there.basically the same group.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
checkin in from Saugatuck,Michigan

while on vacation in Saugatuck,Mi I decided to ride another brand..

·
Chairman of the Board
16,059 Posts
Im in for a meet up. As long as some of the locals can help a stranger without a GPS find his way around. After two visits the city is much more familiar but I still got alot to learn.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You can count me in... How does the parade lap work? Do you need to wear full leathers? I'm bringing my bike in my truck so I can cruise around town with the wife and fit in a little better... My first GP race so I'm really stoked to see everything. Keep us informed where the meet will be. :cool:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The parade lap works as such;
if you buy into a pkg deal that offers a parade lap wrist band,or sticker displayed to show parade lap priviledges.varies from year to year.
you show the gate attendent or ticket taker your band and they direct you to the lap staging area.
After you sign the release and your bike checks out for loose parts or leaking stuff they stage you in groups 10-15 riders.
helemet,shoes is the only requirement.
your group stages up,the group leader a IMS rider starts off then they allow the pack to take off,no one rides faster than the lead IMS rider and the last rider is another IMS rider,to make sure no one lags behind and gives those sudden bursts of throttle and wheelies it also.
Theres plenty of gaps to give the burst if you get seperation from the lead riders.
usually the the first 3-4 riders are the GP wannabe riders who race to the finish trying to be the first across the line.but its a short lived race because you dont pass the lead IMS rider.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks for the info glockt. I look forward to the parade lap although I'm not a racer, I just want to feel the track and get some good lean on the corners... Keep us informed as to where the meet and greet will be. :bump:

·
Registered
363 Posts
For all you who have been to the GP in past years, is the Southwest Vista a good location to sit and is it really packed to where you can't move around to different locations in the grandstands? I'll be there all three days and assume Friday isn't too busy but want to make sure I have good seats. I think I'm in row KK in the southwest vista??? Looking at the website I'm a ways from the track. Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
363 Posts
This will be my first GP race and really looking forward to it. My wife bought me the package including the parade lap... Is it worth taking the lap? I'm not a track rider or anything... Just curious.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes.

Yes it's worth riding the bike for 1 lap of the track.
You ride it at your pace,from 10-15mph lap to 65-70mph lap.
It just depends how you space out the group of riders your grouped with.
They put down new asphalt in all the spots the racers complained about,so now the track is only 2 different types of surfaces,opposed to 4 last year.
It still has the dips,but it's a nice track.
Besides overnight storage of your bike,I'd definetly bring a bike in for the parade lap.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
past 2 parade laps..

The 1st year they offered it,it was scheduled the Monday after the actual race on Sunday.And you had to schedule your time slot for your 1 lap around the track.Needless to say I didnt take a day off work to ride the ZX around the track,so that was how they did it.
The 2nd year they had us sign the release,get partioned off into a group and then we rode the lap,while the pit walk about was going on.That was friday morning for about 2 hours.
I havent seen how the schedule is for this years lap,ecsiders if you have your band does it say a date specific?
I'm getting ready to order a pkg from site sponsor RidersDiscount.

·
Registered
363 Posts
They are mailing the packets out early August I was told. When I get it I will post more information about the parade lap and any other information they send in the packet. What is the best location for seats? I have 2 seats in the Southwest Vista. I assume it shouldn't be too bad coming off the front straight and dipping into the turns...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good seats indeed...

I sat in the same section the first year (southwest vista).The rain year,alot of action in those turns,I seen alot of front end wash outs thru there in the preliminary races.
Bring your best camera and a good zoom lens for the action shots.
Last year I sat in the Paddock along the main straight,under shade,at the start finish line.I have the shot the local paper printed from a the ground angle where Jay Leno waves the checkered flag.The news paper camera man is actually in my shot.

I ordered the same Paddock seats for this year.Go on friday walk the track grounds veiw the action from the infield alot of good photo ops everywhere around the track.
I walk abit shoot pictures from everywhere and sit down for the main event from the Paddock.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Great picture and thanks for the insight. I will bring my good camera and biggest lens. I look forward to the race and meeting everyone if it works out. Thanks again.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nice pics... I hope Spies wins this race. He's in need of some major points. I just want an American up there more towards the front. I really could care less if it's Spies, Hayden, or Edwards. I wish Kawasaki would have put a team in there to compete. I can't wait to go. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yeah it'll be another great weekend at the speedway :mrgreen:
Can't wait... I may have a garage spot free if somebody needs to park their bike but I"m about 20 min from the track, could also offer a spot on my couch to crash for the night, also can ride with some of you guys around a bit and show you some good roads south in Brown county and beyond :mrgreen:
If interested shoot me PM

1 - 20 of 346 Posts