Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaIcF3evrhM&feature=youtu.be

Ok so the tester from the above review is a close friend and told me post his ride at the Buddh track that while everything on Gen5 felt better then Gen 4 (stock to stock) the TC on the new bike was crappy compared to stock systems on bikes like the R1, S1KRR, Panigale etc.

The bike almost spat him off thrice (twice in mode 3 and once in mode 1/2) with the way the TC engages and cuts in abruptly. He said that while he was pushing at race pace on two of the instances, he wasnt prepared to encounter the TC scaring the crap out of him specially when the TC on the R1 and the Ducati would not bat an eyelid in such situations

He also was critical of the way the ride by wire throttle transitions from off to on.

He told me to not blindly trust the TC the way one would on an R1 or a Panigale at my next trackday in June. He also recommended I put the Supercorsas for race pace instead of the stock BS rubber.

Your views?

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
This would mirror other reviews I've watched/ read. I haven't used TC yet. I will say that I had very spirited ride yesterday and the throttle on/off is ridiculous. Taking clover leafs at speed and manipulating the throttle proved to be an adventure. It unsettles the rear quite abruptly.

I do owe the bike a suspension shake down however. She's a little on the stiff side atm. I'm heading to Arkansas next weekend. I will be dragging knee all weekend on the new whore. I'll pop back in here and review the TC after we get back.

Power delivery is very meh in stock form on the 10. Of course, I'm now used to riding my Monster 1200S which has torque immediately and across the power band. That bike is just a f**king beast!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just checking if you guys have tried running with the engine braking on L?
For me in my local twisties, riding in the higher range in 2nd gear is undoable due to the on/off snatchiness. With the engine braking limiter on, it transforms into a smooth power house and all of a sudden you can rip it in the higher range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts