Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I decided to hit the drag strip. I haven't had the Gen 4 on the strip yet so I wanted to see how it compared to my old Gen 1.

The best trap I could get out of my Gen 1 was 143mph with a PC3, filter, full akro exhaust, -1 front sprocket, with the front strapped down

My Gen 4 with similar power mods, Woolich flash, filter, AR slip on -1 front sprocket, and a front strap ran a [email protected] Needless to say, I was impressed to see a 7+ mph gain with the new Gen 4.

My buddy has S1000RR with a full exhaust, ECU flash, front strapped and his best trap was 153mph. He couldn't get off the line very well so he was running low 10's all night.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
My buddy and I decided to hit the drag strip. I haven't had the Gen 4 on the strip yet so I wanted to see how it compared to my old Gen 1.

The best trap I could get out of my Gen 1 was 143mph with a PC3, filter, full akro exhaust, -1 front sprocket, with the front strapped down

My Gen 4 with similar power mods, Woolich flash, filter, AR slip on -1 front sprocket, and a front strap ran a [email protected] Needless to say, I was impressed to see a 7+ mph gain with the new Gen 4.

My buddy has S1000RR with a full exhaust, ECU flash, front strapped and his best trap was 153mph. He couldn't get off the line very well so he was running low 10's all night.

Nice run!!!!

BMW the false prophet

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice runs have you lowered the bike ? and how much do you weigh
I had a strap on the front but the rear is actually raised 3/4". My bike is set up for the circuit with the exception of the strap that I threw on. I weigh 155-160lbs without gear

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had a strap on the front but the rear is actually raised 3/4". My bike is set up for the circuit with the exception of the strap that I threw on. I weigh 155-160lbs without gear
Very similiar to a run a made on a GSX-R 1000 K8 , only mod was leo vince dual slipon nothing else, stock height and no strap. Went [email protected] with a 1.77 60ft. Im btw 210 lbs suited

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very similiar to a run a made on a GSX-R 1000 K8 , only mod was leo vince dual slipon nothing else, stock height and no strap. Went [email protected] with a 1.77 60ft. Im btw 210 lbs suited
I haven't taken a bike to the drag strip in about two years. I'm sure the bike has more in it but I was happy to run 9's my first time on it within a handful of runs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I haven't taken a bike to the drag strip in about two years. I'm sure the bike has more in it but I was happy to run 9's my first time on it within a handful of runs.
yeah always great to get into the 9s at swb. Im actually looking to buy gen4 zx10r next and use it as a street/strip bike. Just sold my K6 1000 about a month ago :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts