Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this has been asked before but, there are a few Import ZX-10's coming up for sale in the UK at the moment and I need to know if there is any difference in them depending on which state they come from. In the old days it was best to stay clear of california bikes as they were a little astmatic and laiden with omissions pipework. Is it the same since everthing has gone to fuel Injection.
cheers.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The question must be too hard. None of the tech people know the answer to this?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
correct stay away from the california bikes. r u gettin any from canada cause they have a different color than the states do....orange

·
Registered
835 Posts
Anything made for the California market has been bastardized in some way or another...
best to avoid them....seems the demon motorcycle is more lethal than their black cloud spewing city buses (that are exempt from smog control...)
Waiting for the cat converters to be required on lawnmowers and weedwackers.....
Sorry, rant over....

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
Anything made for the California market has been bastardized in some way or another...
best to avoid them....seems the demon motorcycle is more lethal than their black cloud spewing city buses (that are exempt from smog control...)
Waiting for the cat converters to be required on lawnmowers and weedwackers.....
Sorry, rant over....
:lol::lol:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a 2005 model in silver with 8000 miles on. Not sure what state it's from.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It's a 2005 model in silver with 8000 miles on. Not sure what state it's from.
Ahhhh. I assumed you were speaking of the 08 for some reason. As I understand it...the tank on the California model has a petrol breather pipe that is visable when you open the petrol cap, on the left. I do not beleive this is on the "49 State" models.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry, rant over....
:crackup:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
cali version probably has a charcoal canister to absorb evaporating gas from tank.

not quite as bad as the old days with different carbs and cams.

I know the 05 calis had carbon cans and a gas tank with different venting for the can.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cannot view the bike yet but the guy thinks it's from Oregon, he will check on Monday. Will this model need to be avoided?
thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I cannot view the bike yet but the guy thinks it's from Oregon, he will check on Monday. Will this model need to be avoided?
thanks
As long as it's the "49 State" model...you'll be fine. It should be documented as a California model in the title or MSO if it wasn't. My guess is that you'll be fine...but that is a guess. Others from that region might be more help.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
491 Posts
I would say,It absolutely dosent matter on the 04/05..The little charcoal box on the right side comes off and all the extra vent on the gas tank does,is take overflow fumes to the little box. I took off my charcoal box and run a 49 state tank for track AND my OEM tank.I didnt cap off anything. All I can see is a vacuum tube from the throttle bodies that also dumped fumes into the charcoal box and that one does create suction when the bike is on. I just unplugged the 3 hoses to the charcoal box and they sit tucked in place where they unhooked next to the right frame spar/fairing-one has a blue stripe,one has red stripe,and the 3rd is just black.Bike runs crispy..:dontknow:

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure if he will have the warranty card but I'll ask the question. Will it be on any other documentation?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YES, i've been looking for a proper track bike for a while and now I'm looking at buying a cheap road bike to turn into a track bike but I don't want one the is restricted in any way.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I would say you should be straight. Try to get the vin number and look it up. See if it says anything. See all documentation befor ehand to make sure it was not made to cali specs. But you should not have any problems.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
If ur tracking the bike, then u will remove all the emissions junk anyway. As long as you don't get a French bike, which I have been told restricted to 100BHP.............

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, the guy says he thinks the bike is from California. I've asked him to try and find out for sure. He says that there is no difference in power and it has a power commander on. Is there anything about the california models that effects the power output or is it just the extra emmissions tubing they have on.
fast replies are appreciated, I'm out of the country from Monday and need to get my arse in gear if I want this or not
Thanks
coach.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts