Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to put in my new basket, clutch and clutch mod on saturday and just like i expected i couldnt get the nut off. I tried to heat up the nut and use my buddies 14.4v (3/8'') snapon impact and it still wouldnt move. I dont have an air compressor or any air tools so i was looking at this crafsman 1/2" 19.2v. Anyone know if there would be that much of a differnce between th 14v and 19v? I dont want to waste my time on it if it wont work but also dont want to dish out the money for air tools.. Thats the last thing keeping my bike apart

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went to put in my new basket, clutch and clutch mod on saturday and just like i expected i couldnt get the nut off. I tried to heat up the nut and use my buddies 14.4v (3/8'') snapon impact and it still wouldnt move. I dont have an air compressor or any air tools so i was looking at this crafsman 1/2" 19.2v. Anyone know if there would be that much of a differnce between th 14v and 19v? I dont want to waste my time on it if it wont work but also dont want to dish out the money for air tools.. Thats the last thing keeping my bike apart
Its so many years I have finished college that I forgot what's the name of the tool in english and I use them quite often. OK description is it looks like a screw driver but you can install all sorts of heads on the bottom its mettalic and you hit it with a hammer. The head is rotating when you hit it and it releases the bolts. I don't know if you understood which tool I am trying to describe to you.

OK am I hirred ? Should I quit my job ? How much is the sallary? Hahaha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its so many years I have finished college that I forgot what's the name of the tool in english and I use them quite often. OK description is it looks like a screw driver but you can install all sorts of heads on the bottom its mettalic and you hit it with a hammer. The head is rotating when you hit it and it releases the bolts. I don't know if you understood which tool I am trying to describe to you.

OK am I hirred ? Should I quit my job ? How much is the sallary? Hahaha
Are you mentioning about Irwin Bolt Grip Nut Remover set? They are quiet popular for removing those kind of nuts.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to get it off with a craftsman 19.2v 3/4" impact. Took it off with out even using heat.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I just hit them with a big air impact and they normally come right off. I love these battery impacts they have come a long way in the last few years. The other option is get the clutch basket holding tool and use a breaker bar.

Glad you got it off!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts