Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im probibly gonna lose my license, got another ticket last night. Was at my bros shop, workin way late, left at like 1am. Hopped on the 101 and started cruizin at about 100, finnaly get close to home, and freeways empty so i open her up, then back down to 100...next thing i know someone is following me with their headlights off...oh wtf, red and blue lights...do i run, or stop, ehh fuck it, so i pull off the freeway... cops on both sides of the offramp... wrote me up for 108 in 65 and im on my permit haha... i know, so stupid, wtf was i thinking, should have just stayed, should have slowed down, should have run, should have gotten my license, i know i know....keep your eyes peeled for my bike sale thread =-(

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
track days FTW!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Radio is always faster than rubber my friend!.......be glad you don't live in Florida!.........they would be takin your bike too!!...for real!!...........then you have to go to an auction and TRY and buy it back!!.....

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Radio is always faster than rubber my friend!.......be glad you don't live in Florida!.........they would be takin your bike too!!...for real!!...........then you have to go to an auction and TRY and buy it back!!.....
yea your right, ive been reading up and looks like worst case scenario, im going to lose my license for 30 day, nice big fat fine, and HOPFULLY my rates will go up and they wont cancel me...man i dont even want to ride today, but i guess how much more shit can i get into HMMm...lol jk

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
thats rigth shoulve kept going
]

Running = Jail or Dead 98% of the time, i think a ticket and increase in premium and a lesson learned is a better deal, Just my .02

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I don't know how old you are but If you run the adrenaline kicks in and before you know it you will be flat out. The sirens and lights all that stuff,i ran many time when i was younger more than 20 times and never got caught. But i ran em a few years ago for fun and got away more than 6 cars after me i also ran a road block and bailed a few miles latter. They found me with a dog and i spent the night in jail. many dollars and many court dates later lost lic. for 14months almost went to jail for that one.My lawyer said i had a momentary lack of judgement. I don't think i will do that again its just to serious now, before no big deal, the laws have changed.There was never such a thing as calling of a pursuit but sometimes the will now.I just don't want a crash at 150+Take the small fine its better than the 4/6 charges you ill get if you run.dangerous driving. causing a pursuit.failing to stop for police.excessive speed. and maybe u will also die so weigh all that and if you hurt someone else well running they will throw the book at you.:helmet:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
why did u stop man!!! cops are a bunch of dicks
The cop is a dick when your doing 108 in a 65? C'mon now.

Substance....you did the right thing. You mentioned you're on your permit and I don't know how long you been riding...BUT running from the cops is a good way to you or someone else killed. Good for you for stopping and for the love of Christ rip the plates off that pig and bring it to the track.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The cop is a dick when your doing 108 in a 65? C'mon now.

Substance....you did the right thing. You mentioned you're on your permit and I don't know how long you been riding...BUT running from the cops is a good way to you or someone else killed. Good for you for stopping and for the love of Christ rip the plates off that pig and bring it to the track.:thumbsup:
yea i know, i learned 2 years ago the hard way that running isnt a good idea, its how i lost my Rx7...my records clean tho...but we all kno these bikes have more than enough power to dust a cop probably even the chopper...i grew up riding dirt bikes, this is my first street bike, but ive put a good amount of seat time on my bros TLR1k and his homies R1...i thought id be able to control myself whn i got my bike, but lately i have been riding like a total squid, its probably better this way...but if i lose my license man i am proper fucked. oh well should have thought of that i suppose...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Listen, I know I'll have a lot of haters after this message, but so be it. I'm a cop. If u run away in a vehicle you will be nailed with a Felony evading. That's prision, not county jail...serios shit man. Ticket is a misdemeanor, which is nothing compared to a felony. Everytime you look for a new job and they do a background check on you it would show you as a felon. Dont mess with that, just pull over and take it like a man. We swear an oath to protect life. That's what we do for a living. Imagine how many idiots would be dead every day if all of you with a zx-10r were letting it rip on the congested highways. We have to enforece the laws to keep a balance and to SAVE YOUR ASS from yourself.

Now as for the other user here saying cops are dicks...look, some people think they are RoboCop and they forget they did dumb shit also when they were young. That aside, just remember that God forbid, if someone assaults or robs you and take your bike we are the ones going after the jackass to get his ass and put him in jail and give you back your bike. Would you put uyour own damn life in the line for others??? Didn't think so.:2cents:

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I don't know how old you are but If you run the adrenaline kicks in and before you know it you will be flat out. The sirens and lights all that stuff,i ran many time when i was younger more than 20 times and never got caught. But i ran em a few years ago for fun and got away more than 6 cars after me i also ran a road block and bailed a few miles latter. They found me with a dog and i spent the night in jail. many dollars and many court dates later lost lic. for 14months almost went to jail for that one.My lawyer said i had a momentary lack of judgement. I don't think i will do that again its just to serious now, before no big deal, the laws have changed.There was never such a thing as calling of a pursuit but sometimes the will now.I just don't want a crash at 150+Take the small fine its better than the 4/6 charges you ill get if you run.dangerous driving. causing a pursuit.failing to stop for police.excessive speed. and maybe u will also die so weigh all that and if you hurt someone else well running they will throw the book at you.:helmet:

Running a road block brings back memories. I was perfectly legal one day cruising a back county road, came upoon a 4 way stop and lo and behold the local sheriff was running a license check. They were all standing around as I was the only vehicle approaching in site. As I pulled up to them, something stupid kicked in an I gunned it. I have never decided why. I took off down a side road, turned at the next road and eventually ziged and zaged till I got to my sisters house and parked my bike in her back yard which was fenced in.

I then proceded to walk 5 miles home. When I got to my house the cops were waiting for me. Had parked near my driveway. Must have ran my tag #. I just kept walking down the road like I didn't have a care in the world. They didn't know it was me. Eventually I doubled back thru the woods to my house.

They never came down there, but was assuming I would eventually come home on the bike and was waiting.

I waited a few days then went and got it and didn't ride again for 3 months. :lol:

As me and that other old facker BD has said many times, we wish we knew at 21 what we know at 50. Or something close to that.

JJ

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I got a ticket for 10 mph over the limit so if you are like 40 over your way over and if they catch you don't blame them.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts