Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just joined. Looking to get the 08 ZX-10 in a few weeks. Never owned a Kawi litre bike. Lots of others though... questions: Is it fast? Does it wheelie in 3rd gear? Can I do a burn out? Is it faster than other bikes? ok...just kidding. Came on to say hi and hope to get some insight on the bike... :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did do some searches but asking owners is the best...question, what is the biggest difference between the gen 1/2 and the 08- performance wise? I have heard the engines on the Gen1's were monsters and tamer or more linear on the 2's. Now the 08 I have been told has good numbers but how is the seat of the pants feel for those who know? Sorry for this kind of question but I know little about the new 08 except for what the mags print...enuf said there I hope.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
The new gen has more of a monster engine wise than the Gen1 (btw I own both). I was at the track yesterday at the thing would not keep the front down shifting into 4th at 140 mph. It handles noticably better too.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome's! I am pretty much 100% on the new zed. I am going to go look at it this week (never even seen one yet-wow, what a dork thing to say). Looked at the CBR and that looked darn good also. Just time to make the change though and Kawie looks great. Again, thanks for having me on board and look forward to bashing you guys for asking similar newbie questions in the future! lol.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
:hello::hello::hello::hello::welcome:

·
Registered
38 Posts
:welcome: the '06 will wheelie in all gears, although I have never wheelied in
6th gear but I'm sure with the clutch it will.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
:hello::welcome:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts