Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been creepin on here for awhile to get the downlow on mods for my zx10r......just replaced front brake calipers. They actually stop now! I don't see any reason to replace the master cylinder. Great lever travel and awesome feel now! I used 08 zx14 calipers....bolted right on. no issues at all. I removed the secondary flies and exhaust fly and it is headed to the dyno tomorrow(eddy current dyno). I have a bmc air filter and Yoshi slip on. My question is can I expect 155 rwhp realistically? Thank you in advance.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Ive been creepin on here for awhile to get the downlow on mods for my zx10r......just replaced front brake calipers. They actually stop now! I don't see any reason to replace the master cylinder. Great lever travel and awesome feel now! I used 08 zx14 calipers....bolted right on. no issues at all. I removed the secondary flies and exhaust fly and it is headed to the dyno tomorrow(eddy current dyno). I have a bmc air filter and Yoshi slip on. My question is can I expect 155 rwhp realistically? Thank you in advance.
There vary so much from Dyno to Dyno but on average yes 150-155 is the norm what members report with that said SportRider in 2004 said it was the most powerful bike they ever tested and that was when the Busa and ZX12R was already out @ 164hp most don't get that stock though. :wink: just enjoy your new brakes and the power is there wouldn't worry about the actual #s. :mrgreen:

Bloo

·
Registered
43 Posts
:welcome: what part of Kansas are you from?? im from hutchinson. if youre close to here or ever come this way hmu and we'll go ride. not too many zx10s around here.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks fellas! I have two other bikes btw....very bank account draining!!! hahaha! Got an 06 zx6r and a 2001 gsxr 1000.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome and nice collection of bikes.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
if you want cheap power i suggest sprockets ;) with a power commander and proper map built by a competent dyno tuner you can hit 155 easily. any moment now GSP will pop in talking about autotune being better so do what you will with that

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
New

+1 on the sprockets. Our track has a noise restriction so there's very few aftermarket systems that will pass. A little extra squirt out of the corner's helps. Here's my girl at Miller last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also went with a -1/+1 and 520 conversion kit from Driven(not a vortex fan).....mostly due to the fact that im installing Dunlop g3's with 190/55 in the rear for better turn in. Itll be about 5% lower geared than stock after all is said and done. I don't need to go 90+ in 1st gear lol!I just got back from droppin it off at the shop. Ill let ya'll know what she does and how the gear/tire setup works out. I suspect ill have to add a touch more front preload to the forks.......One question for you guys in the know.....I want to get rearsets this winter....any recommendations? Id appreciate it if someone who actually has aftermarket rearsets could give me a true comparison to stock...thanks in advance.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
+1 on the sprockets. Our track has a noise restriction so there's very few aftermarket systems that will pass. A little extra squirt out of the corner's helps. Here's my girl at Miller last year.
That is Blootiful so clean it shows how the 1st Gens are timeless in age. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I also went with a -1/+1 and 520 conversion kit from Driven(not a vortex fan)...
Good choice I use Vortex for street but Driven I trust more(now use that for drag racing) I use the -1/+1 520 for street and think it's the perfect combination if you do alot of Hwy riding and local streets at the same time without compromising to much either way. :thumbsup:

Bloo

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
I might be willing to trade silver... :p
read ur post then clicked the back button and out of nowhere a wild red phrase appeared and caught my eye :thumbsup:

·
Registered
298 Posts
read ur post then clicked the back button and out of nowhere a wild red phrase appeared and caught my eye :thumbsup:
Just Noticing that? thats been up since i couldnt figure out how to save your pic and change it. :heyyou:

:dontknow: :eek:ccasion1 :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts