Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time is coming around the corner for track days, my last 2 track days didn't go too well.Here's my question..1) When I'm lean into the corners aggressivly I drag the toe of my boot and puck at the same time..Normal?? If not PLEASE share your wisdom..2) Sometime I also scrape the little knob on the stock pegs...Do I need to push my body away from the bike further??
To all who reply a BIG THANK YOU..

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Dragging your toe usally means you are not up on your toes on the pegs. I took the feelers off mine so do not know if I would be scraping them.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
:+1: You need to have the balls of your feet on the peg. Not the arch. Its kinda like enduro dirt bike style so you don't catch a branch. You can move your feet to shift and brake but once you get to a turn let your feet slide up. Sometimes you can find vids of the motogp guys actually extending their leg out right before a turn to resituate there feet. I had the same problem you did and still do even without dragging the pucks if im too lax. Its just another thing you have to throw some attention to and it will get natural in time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts