Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..maybe..if my offer is accepted :smile2:

After racing for the last few years I'm in the market for a street bike. I've looked at literally everything on the market and can't justify anything better/more than my sold Gen4 at least for a street bike. So, I'm about to buy another.

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
Yes, totally solid except the '11 had weak fork seals and crappy tank paint and weak radiator when it comes to deflecting rocks and also piston bearing blew up at 50k. '13 all good but still weak radiator. Also the 13 cam chain was replaced about 40k miles under warranty. Try to buy new g4 and get warranty extended or see is used has transferable warranty.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Scout

Done deal on an '11. Too good of a deal to pass up. Appreciate the run down. Radiator guards already ordered and my racing vendors can wrap the tank and replace the fork seals with SKF if need be.

FE on the way also. Who puts a full Akra Evo and has the best tuner in the area dyno tune a custom Woolich map but leaves the stock fender?

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Looking good! Looks like it was very well taken care of and unmolested.. :welcome:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! 2011 with 1900 miles purchased new in July 2013 by a guy who broke it in and then took it to the right tuner, spent $2500 bucks on exhaust, filter and map...and decided it scared him so much he went back to Corvettes. His new toy is a 700hp Z06.

Super nice guy and keeps his stuff in-like new condition...even changed the oil 4 times in those 1900 miles.

The best part...found it 2 miles from my house when I was searching for anything within 400 miles. This is the first time I haven't had to travel for the right vehicle in quite awhile. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
..maybe..if my offer is accepted :smile2:

After racing for the last few years I'm in the market for a street bike. I've looked at literally everything on the market and can't justify anything better/more than my sold Gen4 at least for a street bike. So, I'm about to buy another.
Hey, I know that dude. I happen to know someone with a GEN5 for sale cheap. :) Actually, it might be sold to our buddy Tornado Bait.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, I know that dude. I happen to know someone with a GEN5 for sale cheap. :) Actually, it might be sold to our buddy Tornado Bait.
I thought about you...but a certain Packer fan had a spending limit in mind. Actually that's not fair, I'd like to retire some day ha.

The last thing Tornado Bait needs is a faster bike. Particularly when he comes out to HPT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts