Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people may remember my accident in 2005 but my surgeon has said I'm now at no more risk of getting injured as someone who had never been injured on a bike.
After many years I'm riding again. I'm so glad to be back on a bike.
I will post pics once I find my camera and can get the microSD card reader. I bought a 2007 Ducati 1098. This was kind of a mistake because I miss the flickability of an I-4. The MV Agusta handled a lot better than the ducati (from my 4 year old memory). I'm hoping its a matter of the tire pressure being off on the Ducati, the guy I got it from hadn't riden in in 5 months so I'm sure he didn't ever check the tire pressure.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
you had a broken neck or something right?....your wife is handling this as well?

Anyway you will find many changes on this site but nice to see an old timer back. :thumbsup:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
welcome back dooode!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blue,
The wife and I split back in April but that may work again, dont know. She got into drugs and alcohol. I have full custody of my kids and needed something for me to do when I have my own time.
Yep, I did break my neck in two places but I'm all healed now and ready to ride again. I will admit that I dont go much more than 10mph over the speed limit and ride more for enjoyment rather than to go as fast as I can. I can remember being 23-24 and seeing guys with nice bikes and wondering why they were being so careful; NOW I GET IT. the road isn't a track and although I wasn't racing on the street when I wrecked; if you tempt fate too many times she will bite you.
I almost got another MV but after ~2 weeks of a guy saying I could see the bike tomorrow, I got a ducati thinking a twin made more sense of the street because of the torque. I should have gotten an 848, the 1098 is super fast and you can't really get above 50% throttle without the front getting light and tank slappy.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
:welcome: back man, I saw one of your posts the other day , and saw you hadnt been on in forever, and was wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear you're all healed up :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Blue,
The wife and I split back in April but that may work again, dont know. She got into drugs and alcohol. I have full custody of my kids and needed something for me to do when I have my own time.
Yep, I did break my neck in two places but I'm all healed now and ready to ride again. I will admit that I dont go much more than 10mph over the speed limit and ride more for enjoyment rather than to go as fast as I can. I can remember being 23-24 and seeing guys with nice bikes and wondering why they were being so careful; NOW I GET IT. the road isn't a track and although I wasn't racing on the street when I wrecked; if you tempt fate too many times she will bite you.
I almost got another MV but after ~2 weeks of a guy saying I could see the bike tomorrow, I got a ducati thinking a twin made more sense of the street because of the torque. I should have gotten an 848, the 1098 is super fast and you can't really get above 50% throttle without the front getting light and tank slappy.
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:...like I said many changes as a New owner, but still here(Rich) as an Administrator, YSR is still here and Trey and Andy plus myself and lost many old timers but many are still around. We have some advertising and time changes things but glad your back.....take care..bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:...like I said many changes as a New owner, but still here(Rich) as an Administrator, YSR is still here and Trey and Andy plus myself and lost many old timers but many are still around. We have some advertising and time changes things but glad your back.....take care..bloo
oh and forgot that guy :lol:

GuitarPlyr

·
Registered
945 Posts
Glad to see someone get back on the horse again after being tossed off so hard. Take it Slow Bro, and enjoy the ride..

:welcome: Back.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Welcome back man! Glad to hear you healed up well! Thats really great news!! :thumbsup:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I'm now at no more risk of getting injured as someone who had never been injured on a bike.
After many years I'm riding again. I'm so glad to be back on a bike.
GREAT to hear!! Welcome back!

I bought a 2007 Ducati 1098. This was kind of a mistake because I miss the flickability of an I-4.
Set up. Do some searches on http://www.ducati.ms/. This guys knows his stuff http://www.departmentofsuspension.com/. Followed his guidence and transformed my 999R.

Hope things work out on the home front. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
miykl,
Wondered what happened to you.
I hated the ducati until today when I checked the tire pressure. 7.5lbs in the front tire and 25 lbs in the rear...I got luck the tire didn't lose its bead in the front. This thing handles so well now. I swear even the clutch is working better with the added tire pressure. I'm very happy but I made some poor decisions regarding speed today, lets just say on my 3rd ride I"m only a little off pace from years ago. I shouldn't be riding this way again! The front is very confidence inspiring.

I think the rear has too much compression but I haven't set my sag yet so I'm not going to turn any knobs just yet.

Could be worse, I was going to buy a Honda CBR1000RR!!
The insurance on a Honda was cheaper than a XZ10r; but I love the limited edition green 10r...sick!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts