Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a long 5 years since this dreaded thread:
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10653

Sorry, couldn't stick around after I sold it. It broke my heart. I've never had sellers remorse so bad in my life!

.. but guess what?

Tomorrow I'm picking up a '05 Orange /w <6000 miles from Houston! Not in NorCal anymore, out of the Air Force and settled into San Antonio!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Welcome back

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome Back, wow that's great miles for an 05!!!!
i bought my 05 back in january with only 465 miles!! :mrgreen:
but that is still definitely low miles, and if it's the one that i am thinking of, it is BONE STOCK!! even still has the mud flap!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
cool man, welcome back to the site and back to a zx10r

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Congrats and welcome back!!

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Good to have ya come back to the darkside man!! where or who you getting her from here in Htown?

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, it WAS that one. But I left it be, guy pissed me off lying saying it was tipped over only once when there was evidence of damage (although very small) on both sides. Prick also lied saying you couldn't tell it was ever dropped and had my ass drive 2.5 hours just to find that lie out. Apparently he doesn't believe in changing the oil very often or putting gas in the damn bike either. I've got my crosshairs on another 04-05' though and I'm itching like a crackhead so it won't be long before I find another one.

On another note, I should have known the guy was special when he posted the bike 3 separate times... going up in price each time. Doesn't it usually go the other way? It doesn't sell so you drop the price? haha

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Yep, it WAS that one. But I left it be, guy pissed me off lying saying it was tipped over only once when there was evidence of damage (although very small) on both sides. Prick also lied saying you couldn't tell it was ever dropped and had my ass drive 2.5 hours just to find that lie out. Apparently he doesn't believe in changing the oil very often or putting gas in the damn bike either. I've got my crosshairs on another 04-05' though and I'm itching like a crackhead so it won't be long before I find another one.

On another note, I should have known the guy was special when he posted the bike 3 separate times... going up in price each time. Doesn't it usually go the other way? It doesn't sell so you drop the price? haha
That's the bestest gen AND 1 of the best colors!!!:lol: I "think" i know "of" that guy!!! i do know there's a guy here in Houston that has a VERY nice 04'-05' that's been fixed up quite a bit with some aftermarket goodies,exhaust,and some motor work that i JUST found out yesterday he's selling for $5,500 i believe. i will try to get more info and/or contact # if you might be interested but it seems like since last year when i went thru hell trying to find a nice 1st gen, now them fuggers are popping up everywhere?! i woulda been mad as hell to have drove all the way up here just to find out that guy was full-o-shit!! id have probably kicked the bike over and told him that was for the wasted time AND gas!!!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It does amaze me how many low miles Gen1s you can find nowadays! It's a good machine with exception of the slow color!

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's the bestest gen AND 1 of the best colors!!!:lol: I "think" i know "of" that guy!!! i do know there's a guy here in Houston that has a VERY nice 04'-05' that's been fixed up quite a bit with some aftermarket goodies,exhaust,and some motor work that i JUST found out yesterday he's selling for $5,500 i believe. i will try to get more info and/or contact # if you might be interested but it seems like since last year when i went thru hell trying to find a nice 1st gen, now them fuggers are popping up everywhere?! i woulda been mad as hell to have drove all the way up here just to find out that guy was full-o-shit!! id have probably kicked the bike over and told him that was for the wasted time AND gas!!!!:mrgreen:
I'm very interested... please do get that contact info! I'll buy you a beer sometime for your efforts! :eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 24 Posts