Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my first trackday in June at Nelson Ledges and ever since I'm addicted. Turned my 10 into a full time track bike after my first trackday ever. I can't believe I waited so long to try a trackday. Six years too long! Mid way through my first trackday my buddy and I got bumped into intermediate/open. Just did my second track day yesterday at Beaverun, and it was awesome! I was amazed that even at the beginning of the day and on only my second day i was lapping faster than everyone else out there and there was tons of traffic. I didn't realize I was turning the fastest laps of the group until one of the staff told me they had been watching me and were considering bumping me to Advanced. I guess they decided against it after I told them it was my first time on that track and only my second day. I was fine with that though! It got crazy towards the end of the day, lots of people going down. I ended up switching onto race rubber after my second session as the 10 was spinning like crazy driving off the corner. After a pretty big power slide and a near high side I decided to try some race rubber (bt003s) before the 10 got away from me. All I can say is WOW, what a difference! So confidence inspiring! At the end of the day I was beginning even to find the limits of traction with these. Pics are from the first trackday, no riding pics yet of Beaver, only the one I took in the pits with my buddies 6r in the background. I am still working on my form which I definitely made improvements on at Beaver but being 6'5" it can be a bit challenging. Basically, I'm hooked! Should have done this so long ago.

Attachments

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
NICE!! looks like your having a blast man, I wish i could afford racing right now:sad:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is slowly bankrupting me! It is crazy fun though! Hopefully you'll be out there soon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No doubt! I was pleasantly surprised. I guess those years of being a fully geared squid in the twisties was of some benefit! Still have my 919 for the street but its hard to ride the street after being on the track.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They were ebay fairings - kind of deceptive because they say "if you like catalyst fairings..." in their ebay add, but its catalyst formula. Fit and finish is ok and it definitely took a little work getting them fitted but for 300 I couldnt complain. Turned out pretty good. I have to wrap my exhaust and buy heat shield matting as i burned the lower fairing after the first session and had to remove it so it didnt burst into flames lol

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
They were ebay fairings - kind of deceptive because they say "if you like catalyst fairings..." in their ebay add, but its catalyst formula. Fit and finish is ok and it definitely took a little work getting them fitted but for 300 I couldnt complain. Turned out pretty good. I have to wrap my exhaust and buy heat shield matting as i burned the lower fairing after the first session and had to remove it so it didnt burst into flames lol
Yeah I seen those ones. I'm curious because I'm getting ready to order some catalyst composites today and was wondering about the inexpensive stuff. I want nice body work because I'm using universal lights with quick release mounts to still ride street. Is that very flexible so it will crash well?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They seem pretty flexible although I don't have any experience with anything else other than the stock bodywork. I think they should do the job though. It's hard to beat them for the money but it definitely required some trimming and drilling all my holes. Everything fits straight though and with the quick release stuff it shouldnt take long to get them all off. I looked into the catalyst/sharkskinz/attack route but it is all double the money. I guess time will tell how this stuff holds up. I will post up when the inevitable happens and do a write up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some crappy cell phone pics from Beaver taken by a friend...last two pics are my friends 6r after a highside during the second to last session. Pushed his Michelin Pure's past their limits. He walked away unscathed aside from some sprains and bruises, so it was a good day. Hope to have some better pics later this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
It happens to the best of us :), then your bank account says Zero.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I guess you are one of those 'naturally talented' guys, picking up on it so fast. Great to see the pics and keep it upright. It is pure addiction.

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
It happens to the best of us :), then your bank account says Zero.
your exactly right, they are fun but in a way i feel they are a rich mans sport/activity, we are doing two within a month and its going to cost dearly, i wish they could get the cost down on doing these things. i know several folks that would go if they could even get them down to $100

·
Registered
139 Posts
good to hear man!! i have been all canyon for about 11 years, and i will be having my first track day in two weeks... i just hope it goes as well, im sure ill love it!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Did my first trackday in June at Nelson Ledges and ever since I'm addicted. Turned my 10 into a full time track bike after my first trackday ever. I can't believe I waited so long to try a trackday. Six years too long! Mid way through my first trackday my buddy and I got bumped into intermediate/open. <SNIP><SNIP>
What organization were you riding with?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts