Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... Someone tried to steal my bike Christmas morning around 4 AM, and they completely destroyed my ignition switch. I have the new one already, so I just need to find the best way about going in there and replacing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
the screws/bolts securing the ignition switch have the heads ground/damaged so you cant remove them (easily). I personally have not done it but I have seen others that have, mostly race bikes with the switch removed.

Suffice to say youll need to drill them out or use some bolt extractor tool to get them out, heating the area/bolt itself may help with this as they may use some loctite on them. The connector for the ignition switch runs above the radiator and below the frame, you'll have to get under the gas tank and air box to disconnect it to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the screws/bolts securing the ignition switch have the heads ground/damaged so you cant remove them (easily). I personally have not done it but I have seen others that have, mostly race bikes with the switch removed.

Suffice to say youll need to drill them out or use some bolt extractor tool to get them out, heating the area/bolt itself may help with this as they may use some loctite on them. The connector for the ignition switch runs above the radiator and below the frame, you'll have to get under the gas tank and air box to disconnect it to.
And the plug for the switch is under the airbox right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts