Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at possibly installing an ignition module on my 2007 ZX10 and was wondering what possible gains would I see? My bike has full Leo Vince exhaust with BMC race filter and PCIII. It was dyno tuned at a dynojet tuning center and made 170 at the tire on 93 octane pump gas. Was also wondering how many degrees advance do most people go with on 93 octane pump gas? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I have one in the classified section.... Anywhere from 2 to 4 hp gains depending on bike.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I have 3 degrees in my bike but it has degreed cams in it. 175 plus actual shipping charges... Brand new unit with all the plugs and wires. Dont forget that you can add timing throughout the rpm range and not just the top end.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What cam are you running? I just picked up a brand new 2007 kawi race intake cam and .45mm head gasket. I'm curious if this set up will lose some mid range power but pick up top end. I'm thinking I should have picked up a 2008+ intake cam instead. I don't want to lose any mid range. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
What cam are you running? I just picked up a brand new 2007 kawi race intake cam and .45mm head gasket. I'm curious if this set up will lose some mid range power but pick up top end. I'm thinking I should have picked up a 2008+ intake cam instead. I don't want to lose any mid range. What do you think?
That is the exact set up i have as well. You made the right choice... You should not lose midrange with that cam and gain power everywhere if degreed right. Now buy my Ignition module and get it installed!:thumbsup: I'll even toss you my custom map.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds pretty good. Any idea what the shipping would be? Let me know what total price is to the door. Also, did you just add 3 degrees advance throughout the entire rpm range? Was also wondering if you had any luck with the rev extend option? I heard it only extends 300 rpm (from 12,700 to 13,000). Chris

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
That sounds pretty good. Any idea what the shipping would be? Let me know what total price is to the door. Also, did you just add 3 degrees advance throughout the entire rpm range? Was also wondering if you had any luck with the rev extend option? I heard it only extends 300 rpm (from 12,700 to 13,000). Chris
Shipping should be 10 so 185 is good. The bikes are retarded more on the lower end of the spectrum so people wont flip their bikes right off the bat so i added like 6 to the bottom and 4 to the mid and 3 up top. I never really went for the rev extend because i had stock valve springs and retainers. Here is the old thread about garth installing my cam for me. Unfortunately the pics are no longer available but you can still read up on it.http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57565&highlight=dirt+ninja+ping:thumbsup:
BTW you can expect 9-10 hp from the intake cam. I'll pm you my paypal addy.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Another no show...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts