Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought an Akra evo 2 full system, tre, pc 3, and air induction removal kit. Do I need an ignition module as well? And does anyone know where I can find a map for this setup?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Depends who you ask about the ignition mod. Some say it does nothing and others say it really helps get those last few horses from your bike and it also makes it run cooler. I have all the stuff you listed and some other stuff and I bought the module. Your bike will run fine and make very good power without it though, so if you don't want to spend another $300 or so on the module and another $250 or so to have your bike mapped, I would forget it.

As for the map(s). I bought all my stuff from Ivan and he sent the correct maps with the stuff, but you could check the PC map thread in Performance and Tech, check the dynojet site for a map close to your setup, or find a knowledgeable tuner to make you a custom one. The last one is the best choice especially if you get the module because, I may be wrong, but I don't think there are maps available for it like there are for the PC.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I like my ign module but did not buy it for HP. The chart only shows like a max 2hp gain anyway.

I wanted the bike to respond well from off throttle like a carbed bike- happy with my set up.
Buy it from Ivan and he will send his maps to start with.
I'm still using his maps but they are not mine to share.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts