Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ivan said:
Well.... it's a year later and they finally released the ignition module.

This is the best way to advance the timing on the ZX10.

Timing is adjustble at any throttle position and any rpm in 250 rpm increments.

For bikes that are using the TRE.... The light ping at very low rpm can be eliminated.
More power at full throttle throughout the rpm range (2-4 hp)

More throttle response at part throttle.....
As if you thought that the TRE would give the max.

This product is not a substitute for the TRE and it does not do the same thing.
They still need to be used together for you to get the best result

After the new timing map is installed, the bike will run cooler as well......noticeably.

The only thing about this product is that .....for it to be installed on the bike, the PC3 must first be programmed to accept it.
This is ok for guys that are familiar with software adjustments and such.
(there is a CD that comes with it)

But, for the guys that like everything pre-programmed, both units must be programmed together.....
It is best to purchase them together so they can be programmed together

This is because the PC3 controls the Ignition module, And the Ignition map is stored in the PC3.
So, you can do it yourselves, or if you would like to... (a pain in the butt)...
Ship your PC3 to us and I'll do the programming (provided that you buy the Ignition Module from us)

I have pre-programmed a bunch already for the GSXR and ZX636 and a few for the ZX10R

If you want your ZX10 to be the very best that it can be.... this product is a must have.

Ivan :)
Does the module plug into the USB port or the expansion port on the PC3? If it plugs into the expansion port will I have do away with my quickshifter since it plugs into that port?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Cool!! Are they readily available? or is there a wait. I may have to pull the PC 3 off and ship it too ya over the winter and get one!! thanks for the info Ivan!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Ivan said:
Ivan already stated that it made more hp. The graph may not be available just yet.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Ivan- Any better/how much better than the static timing advance (done per your instructions)? Any rpm ranges retarded?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
How about the rev extend function. The stock 10R doesnt even get to a "real" 13k rpm. Is it safe to do so?

Does it allow u to modify ignition advance or retard by gear and/or throttle %?

Also, how much is it?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hey Ivan! My bike always runs hot as a bastard! How much cooler does the ignition module make the zx10r run? Does the module affect gas milage? Oh yeah, what does it cost?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
You see, if you only had this done a month ago Ivan, i would've had you do that also :smile: !! No worries though, i'll call you to maybe figure out when to do it, definitly before i make like a baby and "head out" to LA.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Bump.. I missed this and wanted to be able to find it again easily.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ivan said:
Well.... it's a year later and they finally released the ignition module.

This is the best way to advance the timing on the ZX10.

Timing is adjustable at any throttle position and any rpm in 250 rpm increments.

For bikes that are using the TRE.... The light ping at very low rpm can be eliminated.

More throttle response at part throttle.....
As if you thought that the TRE would give the max.

This product is not a substitute for the TRE and it does not do the same thing.
They still need to be used together for you to get the best result

After the new timing map is installed, the bike will run cooler as well......noticeably.

The only thing about this product is that .....for it to be installed on the bike, the PC3 must first be programmed to accept it.
This is ok for guys that are familiar with software adjustments and such.
(there is a CD that comes with it)

But, for the guys that like everything pre-programmed, both units must be programmed together.....
It is best to purchase them together so they can be programmed together

This is because the PC3 controls the Ignition module, And the Ignition map is stored in the PC3.
So, you can do it yourselves, or if you would like to... (a pain in the butt)...
Ship your PC3 to us and I'll do the programming (provided that you buy the Ignition Module from us)

I have pre-programmed a bunch already for the GSXR and ZX636 and a few for the ZX10R

If you want your ZX10 to be the very best that it can be.... this product is a must have.

Ivan :)

last edited for spelling error :smile:

:hello:
Hello ,Ivan

What do you want to say?When you say:"Ship your PC3 to us and I'll do the programming (provided that you buy the Ignition Module from us)"
How can I pay the ignition modulel?I would like to ship my PC III ,and after you will pre-programm with the ignition module,but I live in Paris.Let me know how can we do ?for the payment ?for the shipment ?

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
I guess I will add this to my wish list.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Will the "hi rpm" cold start (with the TRE) be gone with the new ignition module/TRE addition??? Do you have a map for the filter/stacks/PCIII/Micron high mount and the TRE/ignition module of course??? Thx in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thx morrisj12.

I already checked that thread. I think Ivan said that SOME bikes end up with high idle at a cold start up, although few people here had a similar situation.
I was hoping that the new ignition module would cure this problem.

I do not understand (may be Ivan can elaborate) as to why we need the TRE AND the ignition module together. I was under the impression that the TRE is a timimg advance device, so why need two in series (or parallel)??

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Ehab said:
Thx morrisj12.

I do not understand (may be Ivan can elaborate) as to why we need the TRE AND the ignition module together. I was under the impression that the TRE is a timimg advance device, so why need two in series (or parallel)??
I probablly don't know what I'm talking about but I'll give it a stab; the 10R has been programmed to retard the the timing in the first 4 gears. The TRE eliminates that function by making the com think that it's always in 5th gear.

The ignition module on the other hand allows you to advance the timing.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts