Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a ignition module installed on my 2006 zx10r. it has been installed for about 2 years with no problems. yesterday i was re setting some ignition figures and when i was done, the bike would start and run for about 5 seconds then stall. the red light just blinks on the module. the module is set back to zero values but the problem continues. i removed the module and the bike ran fine. i installed the module on my other 2006 zx10r with a different power commander and it also stalled after about 5 seconds.. i re installed firmware but it did not help. i have herd of this before, any ideas.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
You call dynojet and tell them your pos im is broken and send it in for repairs!
BTW why were you changing your numbers?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had the bike advanced 1-2 degrees because i was running VP mr12 fuel. i was going to switch back to VP u4.2 so i was putting in a different ignition map.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I gotcha brian... Yeah there are a few people that run into problems with their im. Hence the reason why i call them pieces of shit. One of my personal friends had to yank their module off like you did and send it in.BTW who tuned your bike?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the head was ported, and had a\ performance valve job from Sal, at Ace Performance. i installed web cams. Sal has helped me with some set up advice, but i have done the tuning myself as far as fuel injection. like i said Sal gave me a starter map and some cam numbers. bike is tuned for the standing mile. that's all i really do with it. not a street bike.

·
Registered
772 Posts
everything about dynojet is junk,the multihub looks like clown shit!if i didnt already have some of the junk id own a bazzaz!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts