Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the light on the Ignition Module stay red until the bike is started? Just curious. I got a pc3 issue in another thread and wanted to ask about this just to make sure the module is supposed to be like that and if not then I can go from there.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Do the light on the Ignition Module stay red until the bike is started? Just curious. I got a pc3 issue in another thread and wanted to ask about this just to make sure the module is supposed to be like that and if not then I can go from there.

Got this from PC site

"The bike is starting and then dieing with the ignition module plugged in.

Answer: Make sure that the ignition module is communicating with the bike by showing a green indicator light on the front of the module once the bike is started. If the light is red, connections may need to be checked. The module should show green as soon as the bike is running which will show communication with the bike. "

HTH

To be fair. The setup process for ignition module and PC3 is not as straight forward as it should be, I had a ton of issues when I tried to update the PC3 and can't remember what I did to make it finally work.

I give Dynojet very low marks for that.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EXACTLY. That whole F'n paragraph makes no sense.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe some one who has a IGnition module can go out to there bike TURN THE KEY, then PUSH THE RED Ignition button downnnn. Look at the Ig Module and see if it is red until started? I am thinking it might be. If not then it is b/c obviously the pc3 and the IG module are not communicating and the updates were not loaded into the PC3. I have another post on this about my PC3 device now not communicating when attempting to update firmware.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I would check it out for you but my ignition module is placed where the exhaust servo was, so I can't see anything unless I remove the seat and cowl.

Hopefully someone else can check this out for you, in any case here is bump for your post.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to put mine down there since i had my pc3 there, but i didn't think i'd be able to lay them both down there nicely so i moved them up to where the tool kit was..

If you go thro the hassel ( even tho it's not a big one ) to check that out for me dude your the man. I would appreciate it. No rush tho man since you would be doing me a huge favor by at least suming that part up.

Thanks bro

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome! Thank you. REP for you and to CMG

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TIBO I did not check the Igniton map on the Laptop b.c I was to worried about my pc3 issue at the time. As far as the right plugs I am pretty darn sure I have it. The 1st Plug that you un plug and hook the Igntion harness to sits on the left side of the Valve cover and from what I seen when I was up in there, there's really only one that will work in that area. The 2nd Plug one of 1st for some, depending how you do it :cool: sits just to the right of the PC3 plugs behind the fuel rail. There's only one possibiliy on that side as well. It's tucked up there pretty good. Easier to get the oem male plug out of the female plug then it is to plug in the one from the Ignition harness. This was a small plug in between the throttle bodies so to speak on the rightttttt side.

Vince -- -- - Thanks man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Man.... I beat myself to death over that when I was back from Iraq for my vacation. I had to pick my bike up from the shop in pieces (asked them to run the valves, and they couldn't get it finished in 3+ weeks...), and I stabbed my ignition module in it before I put it the rest of the way together. Red Light of Death, crank-and-no-start, que me going bonkers. I must have checked connections/maps/firmware for 4 solid hours. Called dynojet, they were REALLY helpfull... emailed me maps, firmware, tips process....

long story short: shop hooked the PC3 ground up to the + terminal in their (not) haste to head me off in picking my bike up. The PC3 works by GROUNDING the injectors instead of the ECU driver. Everything else on the PC3 works perfectly like this... it just won't fire the injectors. DOH

Hope you get it worked out. :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I would in a heartbeat good sir... If I wasn't back in Iraqistan at the moment. I'll be back in the states at the end of May, but you can probably get a hold of dynojet before that. :)

I do remember that the firware update for the PC3 was a very picky process... you had to get it just right. If you have a portable phone of any sort, the guys at DJ are usually more than happy to walk you through the process step-by-step & are willing to email you all the current stuff. I believe they're in Nevada, so call 'em up during Mountain Time and see if they'll help you out.

Wish I could be more help from here. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts