Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now when you get your bike tuned professionally they pretty much do a costum map fpr you right? can they tune your IM too? or do you do that your self?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
It is best to have them tune it in conjuction with the bike. A\F Ratio's are more forgiving then ignition timing. Unless you know what you are doing have a professional tuner take care of both.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
When you get it done let us know how much it cost you. I heard it can get expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
^^^

...didn't affect the price when the shop that did my work made the custom map for it. I'd find a different shop if they want to charge extra to do the ignition map while they're doing the fuel map.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
^^^

...didn't affect the price when the shop that did my work made the custom map for it. I'd find a different shop if they want to charge extra to do the ignition map while they're doing the fuel map.
:+1: It doesn't really take much more time just knowledge.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
wow i guess i need to make some more phone calls then. I talked to a guy that had the tuning link software and he said it is time consuming and can be expensive for his tiime.

·
Registered
352 Posts
:+1: It doesn't really take much more time just knowledge.
Of course it takes more time, and time is money. It could take me 2 to 8 hours just to do a custom fuel map. I map all throttle positions and rpm's, and depending on the ign module/ECU you have, there might be provisions for adjusting the ignition through the same range.
Changing the ignition timing is as someone already wrote, more hazardous than the fuel map, and I (along with every other reputable tuner I know) charge to do it. How much time do you think someone's gonna spend on it if they're not charging you for it? if you think the proper amount, you're kidding yourself. The fact that someone wouldn't charge for it makes me believe they don't know how important it is, and would make me steer clear of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts