Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 zx-10, how much advance are you getting away with on 93 pump gas, and how much does the bike seem to like.???????????:hello:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
you basically need to advance it just enough before detonation and loss of horse power, with different mods you will need different maps and adding timing is a custom type of thing. best bet is to get on a dyno.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahahah, not by any means, is it all ignition module, if so then thats as far as she will go until you crack open the case and advance a little from there hahahah

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it really depends on what fuel you are going to run. If you run good high octane race fuel say good ole c12, you can map in 10 degrees, which is as high as the ignition module will let you go. pump gas we have run 6 degrees with no issues, and you could prolly get away with 8 or even 10 but no need to push it that much, unless the check book is weighing your pocket down. The motors are really tamed down as far as that goes. But it all is relative how how good your exhaust and intake flows. We have thrown ignition advance at a bike with very very little increase in power.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stock advance,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,, not sure if kawabunga would release that information, but you could give them a call, and see if you can get an ignition map from them. If by some chance they do you give you one, please do share.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I can do it with a strobe, I will be digging into the top of the motor soon so I'll work it out.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
max adv., by ignition module is 10, but you can crack the cases open and then move the whole band thing up and then make adjustments from there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts