Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:+1: and dont break too hard with the front brake at the end of the 1/4 mile..
This is something we cannot avoid, as there is not much of a run off at the end of the strip, and there is a wall of sandbags to avoid.:eek: So we will need to brake hard. How this will effect the bike when it is strapped down?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
This is something we cannot avoid, as there is not much of a run off at the end of the strip, and there is a wall of sandbags to avoid.:eek: So we will need to brake hard. How this will effect the bike when it is strapped down?

Be smooth on the brake lever...squeeze...don't grab. With the front end strapped you won't have any suspension travel and it will be easier to lock the front end up.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
As soon as you pass the 1/4 mile strip raise your big head...pun intended :lol: and body up over the bike....this is your Air Brake, slowly but get strong on the front brake not to fast and down shift, then down shift again and again braking smoothly after each gear change...you are now using your lower gears, Body and smooth braking to get to a controlled turn for short Strip Track exits.

Here is a vid. of me turning after 140mph + on the first exit...I normally need the second exit but messed this run up but no problems to stop short:

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x34/zx-10r_album/?action=view&current=sacracewaydec172005.flv

As far as damage for strapping the front end not a problem as it's acting like a dead weight no adjustments necessary but the rear suspension could be another story...still messing with that but bottom line adjust to get it hooked as well as rear tire pressure.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Only thing, I would spend the extra money and buy the brackets that go with the straps. You can technically do without (I've done it) but it’s really not good on the calipers and on some bikes (600RRs, etc.) the strap will contact the fender. That’s my :2cents:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only thing, I would spend the extra money and buy the brackets that go with the straps. You can technically do without (I've done it) but it’s really not good on the calipers and on some bikes (600RRs, etc.) the strap will contact the fender. That’s my :2cents:
I am thinking of buying straps together with the brackets that fits at the caliper mount. Just a bit wary about the front suspension. As to whether it will do it any harm?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Damn that video is a short violent Slam to 140 mph lol. What was with the sea sickness at the end? Speed wobble or?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I am thinking of buying straps together with the brackets that fits at the caliper mount. Just a bit wary about the front suspension. As to whether it will do it any harm?
No it won't hurt anything.
You don't LEAVE it strapped down all the time..... you only use the strap to lower the front end while you are drag racing. When you are done racing, you loosen up the strap and your suspension is back to normal.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
No it won't hurt anything.
You don't LEAVE it strapped down all the time..... you only use the strap to lower the front end while you are drag racing. When you are done racing, you loosen up the strap and your suspension is back to normal.
:+1:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts