Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you be riding? I think this is a good question! Have you guys ever thought about this? Say kawi would've never reintroduced the zx-10? Really what do you think you would be riding? I dunno about you guys but I came from a '99 zx-9r that I had since '99. (IMO....the best year for the zx-9r) And I remember back in '00 when the new redesigned R1 came out an the new gixxer750 came out an all the mags were ravin about them an talkin shit about how heavy an slow the zx-9r is! You guys remember that? That used to piss me off! And then it's like they weren't upgrading the zx-9r it just kept getting heavier an slower while the R1, gixxer1k, 929/954 were getting lighter an faster. I was seriously thinking about jumping ship to the R1? B/c it seemed like kawi was never gonna get their shit together? I know I didn't wanna get a zx-12r, and I definately wasn't getting a gixxer1k! And the 929/954 was kool but didn't give me an erection like the R1's did back then. But thankfully kawi woke back up and finally decided to parcipate again! And dropped the zx-10r in '04! But just think if they never did? What would you be on? :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I was hoping in '03 that they would have had a new ZX-7R for '04 but they discontinued it and came out with the 10R. If the 10 never came out then I'm willing to bet they would have had a new ZX-7 and I would have bought one of those, or the Ducati 999 which I was gonna get at the time.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They discontinued the zx-9r an came out with the zx-10r. And the zx-6r/ 636 took the zx-7r's place. :idea:

I was hoping in '03 that they would have had a new ZX-7R for '04 but they discontinued it and came out with the 10R. If the 10 never came out then I'm willing to bet they would have had a new ZX-7 and I would have bought one of those, or the Ducati 999 which I was gonna get at the time.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMO.......the '06 zx-10r is a concoction of the '96-03 zx-7r and the '98-99 zx-9r.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Probably a Gixx 1K, I bought a 01 and it was a great bike, just so damn any of them around.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Actually the only reason they still had the 7R around for so long was for homologation to SBK racing, they only allowed 750cc 4 Cyl bikes, then they changed to 1k's and there was no reason the keep the 750 around and develop it, had nothing to do with the 6R being aronund.

·
Registered
765 Posts
When I was looking to upgrade from my SV650, I originally wanted a GSXR 750. Had I not had a deal on a 10 fall into my lap, the 750 is what I'd be riding.

·
Registered
302 Posts
When I was looking to upgrade from my SV650, I originally wanted a GSXR 750. Had I not had a deal on a 10 fall into my lap, the 750 is what I'd be riding.
and thats how the gsxr (AKA) me too bike (AKA) squid machine (AKA) gixxer craz bike started, sorry but I would show you no luv if you had not went Kawasaki the true kryptonite to gixxers every where.:eek:ccasion1

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh ok I didn't know that. But it makes sense.

Actually the only reason they still had the 7R around for so long was for homologation to SBK racing, they only allowed 750cc 4 Cyl bikes, then they changed to 1k's and there was no reason the keep the 750 around and develop it, had nothing to do with the 6R being aronund.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Hell, I still want a 999. But I'd still love to have a clean P model ZX-7R in my stable too.

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
My wife has an '09 Gixxer 600...they are very nice bikes! A little too small for someone my size...

If the ZX10 was not a reality, then it might be the Gixxer 1000.

Or, I might just try the MV Agusta F4.

·
Registered
987 Posts
id be on CBR 1000rr for sure

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
R1 or CBR1000RR. Ain't no way in hell your gonna catch me on a "Gixxer"
Even if I found a good deal on one, fugg it, I'd just resell it. I think 4/10 riders in the sportbike community owns a blue and white GSXR :rolleyes:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Without the introduction of the gen1 10r, we'd be talking about the big three, not the big four. I probably would have bought a suzuki and painted it a solid color. I like the gsxrs just not most of the tacky color schemes. It wouldn't have bothered me that a lot of idiots owned the same bike because that doesn't affect what I do with the bike. IMO, the R1 is the dime-a-dozen bike, not the gsxr1k.

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
R1 or CBR1000RR. Ain't no way in hell your gonna catch me on a "Gixxer"
Even if I found a good deal on one, fugg it, I'd just resell it. I think 4/10 riders in the sportbike community owns a blue and white GSXR :rolleyes:
I'd get one in black an put ninja stickers on it!

·
Registered
101 Posts
i would probably stayed with the zx9r, i did not own one but believe me it was and it is one of my favorite bikes.. a friend of mine has it and it still makes me smile when i see one...

·
Registered
648 Posts
'09 Gixxer 600...they are very nice bikes! A little too small for someone my size...
:crackup: I find this soo funny when people think 600's don't have enough power because they think they're too big... :crackup:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts