Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I don't care how bad ass those are, no way in HELL would i pay that for a set of forks! And if you really want a set, you can find them cheaper then $15k if ya do some looking and research! :wink:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Oh, we're looking at the forks? I thought it was $15k for invisible wheels or anti-gravity or something. :dontknow:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that belongs in nsw

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thats actually a really good deal if it's the complete setup...Those are either the 8 or 900's for starters...Those calipers will run you 5k for the pair..The line setup is 1k and if they are throwing in the triple too well Jump on it I would!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thinking about it, is it REALLY worth the money. I'm looking at the Ohlins from Mary for the mear pocket change of $2500 and having a hard time pulling the trigger. I just wonder if you can tell a $12,500 difference thats all. I know with my crap riding skills I would not.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thinking about it, is it REALLY worth the money. I'm looking at the Ohlins from Mary for the mear pocket change of $2500 and having a hard time pulling the trigger. I just wonder if you can tell a $12,500 difference thats all. I know with my crap riding skills I would not.
Nope, if your not a full time racer and fast at it, you will NEVER be able to tell the difference! Just wasted $ down the drain....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dude..They are so Worth it...It really boils down to the amount of control you have @ that level of Braking Power....Thats really what those forks are supporting!!..You don't just throw that kind of braking power under any ole fork setup!!..Ohlins or not!..Think about being able to go from 200mph to 60mph @ the Snap & Touch of A Finger and I mean A Finger....2 Fingers you better be ready for it or the bike is gonna stop and your not!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
648 Posts
Dude..They are so Worth it...It really boils down to the amount of control you have @ that level of Braking Power....Thats really what those forks are supporting!!..You don't just throw that kind of braking power under any ole fork setup!!..Ohlins or not!..Think about being able to go from 200mph to 60mph @ the Snap & Touch of A Finger and I mean A Finger....2 Fingers you better be ready for it or the bike is gonna stop and your not!:eek:ccasion1
I was referring to the 12,000 Ohlins forks, but u are correct on the Brembo brakes and master cylinder! I'm waiting on my Brembo master cylinder to come in right now. I was wondering about if i needed to upgrade my calipers too, but my friend said he only upgraded his master cylinder and it was night and day, no need to waste the money on the calipers. I'll see for myself next trackday!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The setup has saved my life lterally a couple times..For me it's a must..But I like to ride extreme...It made have a whole new respect & appreciation for the GP guy's..I mean on top of their skill level It's much easier to understand how they can hone their skills to that level with the equipment that is underneath them!...It's the top of the food chain!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was referring to the 12,000 Ohlins forks, but u are correct on the Brembo brakes and master cylinder! I'm waiting on my Brembo master cylinder to come in right now. I was wondering about if i needed to upgrade my calipers too, but my friend said he only upgraded his master cylinder and it was night and day, no need to waste the money on the calipers. I'll see for myself next trackday!
Brother if or when we hook up on a track day I will bring my Turbo bike along to so you can experience the feel @ your controls for a lap and judge for yourself!:wink:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Brother if or when we hook up on a track day I will bring my Turbo bike along to so you can experience the feel @ your controls for a lap and judge for yourself!:wink:
Thanks for the offer! But a turbo 1000 on a track!!! OMG!:eyecrazy: But if we do, lets make it Road Atlanta since they have a very nice back stretch!:mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts