Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So they say there are 2 kinds of riders...
This past May on the 26th I was rear-ended by a car who's driver was not paying attention. While waiting to turn into my driveway I was struck by a car travelling about 50mph or so. They did not even hit there breaks till 400 feet down the road where they ended up leaving about 50 foot of skid marks. (I am not going to speculate what they were doing in the car, but its obvious they didnt see me, I do know this experience has made me rethink texting and driving) A second car was involved as well and had we not gotten off the road we would have been run over by the second vehicle.
Most people who know of this crash all agree that my long ass extended swing arm saved our lives. So major props to Hardcore Cycles in Concord NC for building a bad ass swing arm. In the pictures you will notice just about everything is broke, twisted, or bent, Except for the swingarm built by Hardcore Cycles. I was fortunate enough to have only broke my tibia and fibula on my right leg, dislocated my shoulder, and my tendons and what not actually ripped the top portion of my humorous bone apart. Thank full to still be here and that I still get to see my kid grow.☺

Attachments

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Keep your eyes on your mirrors, never assume approaching traffic sees you, be ready to hammer the gas and get out the way if need be. Maybe go some other way so's you don't need to turn left, come the other direction and make it a right turn. That's what I do, I never sit and wait to turn left. Reason I know that is because I was rear-ended, in a car thankfully, many years ago. Just around the block, come back, or some other route to limit exposure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep your eyes on your mirrors, never assume approaching traffic sees you, be ready to hammer the gas and get out the way if need be. Maybe go some other way so's you don't need to turn left, come the other direction and make it a right turn. That's what I do, I never sit and wait to turn left. Reason I know that is because I was rear-ended, in a car thankfully, many years ago. Just around the block, come back, or some other route to limit exposure.
Never turning left good luck with that. Gassing it only works in situations where you are aware of the idiot behind you and you have time. Been riding since I was old enough to walk. Been riding streetbikes for the last 12 years. Gassing it usually only works when you are still rolling. Not from a dead stop when someone hits you at speeds of 60mph after dark, there isn't much time to react. I hear what your saying and its good advice but you cant prevent everything. I have had my share of close calls, and been down a number of times. Unfortunately, if you ride on the road these days its part of the risk you need to accept. Too many people looking at their phones and not the road. Oh well, I am still here to ride another day:smile2:

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Damn that looks bad, glad you made it. I too have run in's with cages, but mine were not nearly as bad as yours. Heal well bud. :ayyy:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry been busy, I did get your PM. I also got a new Gen 5 which is currently getting hacked up by Hardcore Cycles in Concord, NC. Getting ready to see what this G5 will do on the drag strip. All I have left to do to her is install a WRF and start logging some data to see what kind of numbers she will turn out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry been busy, I did get your PM. I also got a new Gen 5 which is currently getting hacked up by Hardcore Cycles in Concord, NC. Getting ready to see what this G5 will do on the drag strip. All I have left to do to her is install a WRF and start logging some data to see what kind of numbers she will turn out.
Will add pictures soon,

Also thanks to everyone for the loving comments you all are like family to me... lmao... but seriously thanks.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,004 Posts
Sheesh man that looks horrible. Really glad your going to be ok. That was definitely a daisy pusher.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
NP bud good luck with the new Gen5

1 - 20 of 21 Posts