Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was actually hard as shit to find a damn manual for my 04 250 but they sure as hell have it, the manual i got has all languages in it which kinda sucks but it still gave me all my vital carb info!!!!

i still wish it was a kawi :p lol

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The Yamaha YZ250F is a solid, reliable bike... but the Kawi power hits harder and has nice firmer suspention. I had a 08 YZ450F last year..... went Kawi this year.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive been riding dirt for about 10 years and I used to ride my buds yz426 but recently I've been riding my other buddies crf250 and I really love the light weight of the bikes and 35-40hp outta these things is plenty of power to go out and have some fun. we have a small dirt track at his farm with some getting to be decent sized jumps....

if anything I've already read up about the good cam set ups on the yz's lol.....

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Im heading to Buffalo NY in about an hour to go grab a 2009 CRF250 for my sons racing buddy... he is finally ditching the 2 stroke.

I just ordered a kit from Pro Circuit for my sons 09 KX250F...it includes,
-both race Cams
-Ti Valves
-shim kit
-Hi Comp piston/rings/pin/bearings
-hi flow water pump kit/with impeller
-some jet's
and he already has the full PC Ti exhaust

should be a fun little project.

I LOVE dirt bikes!!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
BTW..... need pic's. You cant post that you bought a bike and not post pic's...thats the rule.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Im heading to Buffalo NY in about an hour to go grab a 2009 CRF250 for my sons racing buddy... he is finally ditching the 2 stroke.

I just ordered a kit from Pro Circuit for my sons 09 KX250F...it includes,
-both race Cams
-Ti Valves
-shim kit
-Hi Comp piston/rings/pin/bearings
-hi flow water pump kit/with impeller
-some jet's
and he already has the full PC Ti exhaust

should be a fun little project.

I LOVE dirt bikes!!

What is wrong with 2 stroke? 4 stroke dirt bike are junk and just a big hype right now..Tm racing is coming with a 2 stroke EFI for their dirt bike.. 125 and 250..the only thing good about 4 stroke is their double displacement. 2 stroke are way more fun to ride!.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
What is wrong with 2 stroke? 4 stroke dirt bike are junk and just a big hype right now..Tm racing is coming with a 2 stroke EFI for their dirt bike.. 125 and 250..the only thing good about 4 stroke is their double displacement. 2 stroke are way more fun to ride!.
Right...

You know how sometimes people date themselves by touting some old tech as the bestest thing ever? Look, there hasn't been a two stroke on the podium of a motorcross or supercross in quite some time. There are some die hards in endurocross, and hare scrambles - but neither of those require having the fastest, best handling machine.

That said, if I were going to buy a dirtbike today, it would be a 250 2 stroke. I had a 07 kx250f, enjoyed it, but not enough to justify the cost. I can get a 06 kx250 for less than $4k, and the only maintenance is the air filter & trans fluid. If you pop the motor on it, big deal, $800, maybe. And they're a hoot to ride.

You just made a poor argument for something we agree on. However, if $$$ and time were no object I'd have me a new kx450f - they kick ass.

edit: sorry for the obvious thread jack. That's a good link there Garth. I have to spread rep before I can send you any.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Right...

You know how sometimes people date themselves by touting some old tech as the bestest thing ever? Look, there hasn't been a two stroke on the podium of a motorcross or supercross in quite some time. There are some die hards in endurocross, and hare scrambles - but neither of those require having the fastest, best handling machine.

That said, if I were going to buy a dirtbike today, it would be a 250 2 stroke. I had a 07 kx250f, enjoyed it, but not enough to justify the cost. I can get a 06 kx250 for less than $4k, and the only maintenance is the air filter & trans fluid. If you pop the motor on it, big deal, $800, maybe. And they're a hoot to ride.

You just made a poor argument for something we agree on. However, if $$$ and time were no object I'd have me a new kx450f - they kick ass.

edit: sorry for the obvious thread jack. That's a good link there Garth. I have to spread rep before I can send you any.

WOW!I think you don't know shit about motocross and motocross racing at all!! Do you know something about contingency program? Do you Know the AMA, CMRC and FIM rules about displacements??? Do you know that the new generation of 2 stroke are cleaner , lighter more reliable and cheaper to maintain than any four stroke on the market and it is coming really soon because they are larget market for them?? DO you know that a real motocross is two stroke?? DO you know that there are still of lot of 2 stroke riders winning at the amateur level vs the double displacement 4 stroke???Do you know that 4 stroke is an older technology than 2 stroke lol :heyyou:

BTW...read that : http://twostrokemotocross.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Manifesto_Two_Stroke.pdf

Written by Jody Weisel... a legend in the business..

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how about you two make your own thread about a pissing match between a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke. I know 2 strokes can make more power vs weight and cc but I love the power delivery of a 4 stroke... who cares......

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
how about you two make your own thread about a pissing match between a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke. I know 2 strokes can make more power vs weight and cc but I love the power delivery of a 4 stroke... who cares......

I am trying to stop you guys from buying four junk so we can have the 2 smoker back on the tracks...:heyyou: :wink:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont ride on the track, just woods and on my buddys farm, I like to hit big air and do some tricks here and there. I started this thread for information to people though not to get into a pissing match about 2 vs 4 sorry bud

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hey Garth... this was my ride last year..

The bike was still brand new in these pic, with the race parts just bolted on. The exhaust system was from one of the Factory race teams, and was completley different than the version you could buy. (contacts) :wink:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
she looks badass man! I just got in from rebuilding the carb on the 250. float needle was stuck :-/ They had some what looks to be off brand pip on there. I think all the jetting was stock but had the fuel screw turned 4 turns out to make it run decent... I just threw the stock exhaust back on and set carb back to stock with 2 turns out and shes running a hell of a lot better...

I was doing some testing in the driveway and as I was blasting her wide open she was bgging a lil... seemed almost like to much fuel but kinda cant tell. I was riding in pitch darkness though so maybe tomm morening if i wake up early I'll do some more testing. I pulled the air filter off and going to clean it, they put a twin air filter in it.

going to order new chain and sprockets and tires and tubes. She'll be plenty for what i used her for, no racing off road for me just on road :-D

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Thanks for the link Garth! Some of my friends thank you as well.

Morefire, you should try a Dr. D exhaust. They gave me a good sponsership deal through sponserhouse. I ran the full Ti on my Honda 450, and Kawi 250 and it really
woke both of them up.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm gunna rock the tires I have on it for now but just ordered a steet sprocket combo with chain for about 100 bucks EK chain and EK sprockets. I dont mind running a steel sprocket on this thumper.

She feels a lil flat up top but I think it might need a slight jetting change. I'm gunna leave the stock exhaust on her though, I ride around horses quite a bit so i dont like to spook them that much.

I might need to invest in some cams to open up the upper rpms though!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Thanks for the link Garth! Some of my friends thank you as well.

Morefire, you should try a Dr. D exhaust. They gave me a good sponsership deal through sponserhouse. I ran the full Ti on my Honda 450, and Kawi 250 and it really
woke both of them up.
:+1:

Mr. Dubach is one of the few men in the industry who you'll catch in the pits swapping exhausts & jets himself instead of some $9/hr kid. Great guy, and good power out of his pipes.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Hey Garth... this was my ride last year..

The bike was still brand new in these pic, with the race parts just bolted on. The exhaust system was from one of the Factory race teams, and was completley different than the version you could buy. (contacts) :wink:

Love that bike!! Mine looked about the same just a different stroke !

Too many mods! Sorry for the manual thread Garth! Blame JBlaze! The entire engine was Pro Circuit and was running it on VP fuel only.. INsanity on 2 wheels

1 - 20 of 20 Posts