Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have been reading thoroughly about removing the flies so i did tonight. Now i went out to test it and it ran great but it wont come down any less than about 3700-4000 rpm's. i tried the idle adjusting screw and got it to idle higher but not any lower. what could be the issue? any help would be great ! thank you in advance.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also if i turn the throttle closed it seems to help it a bit but that would be a pain in the rear to have to do all the time.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Weird, I swear somebody else said something similar. Yet, I had the complete opposite problem. I actually had to raise my idle after removing them. However I also installed TRE at the same time.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I would definately recheck your work. removing the secondaries should not have that effect at all. Like stated above, something pinched, sensor unplugged, forgot to plug a vacuum line back in.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok good!!! i am glad that you guys posted so quickly. I thought i got everything back together but i am going to go double check now.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the main hose to the bottom of the airbox was off. hooked it back up and still pretty much the same thing. except now i am at about 1700-1900 RPM's.

·
Registered
190 Posts
ha did the same thing. mine was there was a vacume hose pulling the throttle cable tight.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
got the airbox off now. it looks like the primaries are closing all the way but when i roll forward a little they shut just a bit more like maybe 1/3 cm (if thats a number) i dont know? im skerd to turn out the idle too much and have the adjuster come out cause i turn it in till it idles up then turn it out till it wont go down anymore. i dont know cables look good. there is not much in there that can mess with them.

i also have Ivans TRE on there. Would that make a difference?

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i am whoring my own thread...sorry. Anyways, after my last post i checked all the vacume lines, cables, etc. to make sure everything was good buttoned her back up took her for a spin and this is prolly the most incredible mod i have done so far. she takes a little longer to come back down to idle but when she does she is right at about 1500. And 1500, i like. seems like she pulls through corners a bit easier and damn does she respond @ like 3 and 4 thousand will a little snap of the wrist. All in all, thank you guys for your help. I love how there is so much knowledge spread about this forum.:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
1500 is too much, it will get hot in the traffic lights. See if you can adjust it a little down. Typical when secondaries are removed.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well the only way to adjust it is by rolling the throttle forward. the it idles at around 1100. if i let go it comes back up to about 14-1500.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've adjusted the throttle play numerous times numerous ways to no avail. I read something about the TRE connectors getting wet causing idle probs but it's only been in there like two weeks

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
You have to turn down the idle screw. Its on the left side of the bike above the front sprocket cover.

On my 06 ZX10R I added the Gipro at the same time when I pulled the secondaries out. First time I started it up it idles at @ 4K! You have to turn the throttle adjustment down when the secondaries have been removed.

We have done this mod a number of times at our shop, Turning down the throttle idle screw is the proper way to adjust it to get it to idle properly.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yep i turned out the idle adjusting screw too. it gets to where it doesnt turn down anymore and i am afraid to turn t all the way out. this is the method i used. Turned it clockwise until the rpm's started to go up. stopped then started to reverse the screw counterclockwise until it would not turn down anymore-no matter how much more i turn it-and it still is idleing at about 14-1500 unless i manually roll my throttle forward.

·
Registered
772 Posts
sounds like you fugged something up in there:idea:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts