Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just bought this bike about a week ago now. has close to 14k miles on it and just had an oil change done 1000 miles ago. when i turn the bike on as a cold start it tends to die immediately (unless i gas it for a few seconds) once it has warmed up, the bike idles with a stutter, but doesnt die.

now the bike as far as i know, only has a full leo vince exahust system added to it.

This is my first 1000cc and i never had this issue with my 600cc's, even on cold starts. so im just wondering if this is a common issue with 1000's

thanks for reading :thumbsup:

EDIT: forgot to say bike idles at 1k so i dont think idle needs to be turned up but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
974 Posts
open it a tad bit to say, 1,300rpms and see how it responds

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,392 Posts
Idle setting should be 1,150 +/-150 RPMs. Try upping it slightly as the first step to troubleshooting this.

The idle up circuit should kick in when it's cold and keep a higher idle initially and then settle down to what you set. but if it dies right away cause of a lower idle setting, it may be causing some issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh ok see i thought it was supposed to be set at 1k rpms. i will def up that a tad and see how it responds. thanks for the tips, greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
874 Posts
I noticed when I took my secondaries out that the idle wasn't as smooth and I had to tweak the idle a bit to get it to be ok, but even at that it wasn't as consistent as I'd like. I got an ECU flash and put the secondaries in and never looked back... I would check to see if the secondaries are there or not if you still aren't satisfied after bumping the idle up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts