Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Well my 10 has 23500km(14000mi) and tomorrow i am going to service it but although it runs perfect,with the engine warm-hot at idle, the idle speed is not stable.
It varies between 500rpm and 1300rpm,and when at the bottom it feels like it will stall,but then goes up again,finally after 2-3 min it seems to stabilize at the proper 1100rpm.(The only modification on the bike is an akrapovic slip-on without PCIII or air filter.)

Any ideas?
THANK YOU!

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Its probably loading up a little at idle (mapping) , did you calibrate your throttle position sensor with your PC111 ??

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hi guys

Well my 10 has 23500km(14000mi) and tomorrow i am going to service it but although it runs perfect,with the engine warm-hot at idle, the idle speed is not stable.
It varies between 500rpm and 1300rpm,and when at the bottom it feels like it will stall,but then goes up again,finally after 2-3 min it seems to stabilize at the proper 1100rpm.(The only modification on the bike is an akrapovic slip-on without PCIII or air filter.)

Any ideas?
THANK YOU!
You might try to syncronize the throttle bodies when you do your service. They may be out of sync with that many miles on the bike.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
There might be a vacuum leak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts