Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, some idiot happened to knock my bike over today. The only damage is a broken foot peg and the lower black plastic fairing is scratched. Is there anyway I can get rid of the scratches without replacing the part? Maybe high count sandpaper or rubbing compound?????? :dontknow:

This hasn't been my day. :sad:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
that sux....try using a quality polish....i'm not sure sanding will yield very good results esp if you go through the clear coat...likely to make a small scratch turn into a larger more noticably discolored area....good luck

·
Registered
266 Posts
Damn same thing happen to me. Broken right footpeg, some scratches to fairing, mirror, and a scuff on the grip. Really annoying thing to find in the morning.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
you should try rubbing it out with the guys face...I find it doesnt remove the spot but I feel soooooooooooo much better about it afterwards.:crackup:

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,795 Posts
02transam said:
Ok, some idiot happened to knock my bike over today. The only damage is a broken foot peg and the lower black plastic fairing is scratched. Is there anyway I can get rid of the scratches without replacing the part? Maybe high count sandpaper or rubbing compound?????? :dontknow:

This hasn't been my day. :sad:
have u knocked him over too???

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
:rant: Damn, that sucks! My 6R fell over and incurred similar damages. I wound up using some ColorRite paint to minimize the eye sores. I'm not a body person, but it helped.

D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
zx10Duran said:
you should try rubbing it out with the guys face...I find it doesnt remove the spot but I feel soooooooooooo much better about it afterwards.:crackup:

:+1:

I like your idea the best!....... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
zx10Duran said:

Thats a great idea.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pongo said:
that sux....try using a quality polish....i'm not sure sanding will yield very good results esp if you go through the clear coat...likely to make a small scratch turn into a larger more noticably discolored area....good luck
It is on the non-painted black plastic though. Or is it painted? :sad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts