Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought i might start a string with the right title. I made my gen 1 naked and now the tail section is way too wide for the slim front. Anyone fool around with the tail/sub-frame/plastic to get something a little slimmer on the sides?

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
911 Posts
If you are any good with fiberglass or carbon fiber work, you could cut the sides off evenly and move them onwards a bit. There is for sure plenty of room to do it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have never worked with either :(. Here is perhaps an easier challenge... if you look at the pics I just posted, I am good with both seats and overall shape and color of the sub frame. So if i could just come up with something to fill the gap between the sub-frame and seat... I think I would be super happy (I would paint the white parts under the seat).

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
911 Posts
im gonna tell you what i would do and that is to get out my dremel at which point i would quarter my tail section. split it down the middle and again along the sides, then i would remove some excess plastic along the middle underside and top front so it would go back together. you can use simple shit like a cut up spray and wash bottle a soldering iron and some paperclips to make it all reattach strongly. soldering iron just heats the clips into the plastic to provide mechanical bond. then fiberglass cloth around the whole thing, its easy to use, just do it in clothes you care nothing about, have a gallon of acetone handy and a bunch of cheap brushes and gloves cause you will need them, homedepot or any autoparts store sells the shit, anyhow, you can make it smooth as fuck and paint it and no one will ever know that you didnt buy the shit vs diy it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
🤘Well THAT was inspirational as fuck! No joke, I been on multiple forums and searching my fingers bloody for days and this is exactly the kind of idea i was looking for! Sombody said, buy foam and form it as the base for the fiber glass :( and I said jokingly... I wish I could fill the stock tail with clay, trim it, let it dry and then use it as a jig for the fiberglass LOL. You idea is way better!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it looks even worse when you make it a naked street fighter and take the front fairing off!!!

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
911 Posts
🤘Well THAT was inspirational as fuck! No joke, I been on multiple forums and searching my fingers bloody for days and this is exactly the kind of idea i was looking for! Sombody said, buy foam and form it as the base for the fiber glass :( and I said jokingly... I wish I could fill the stock tail with clay, trim it, let it dry and then use it as a jig for the fiberglass LOL. You idea is way better!
glad i could help

·
Registered
224 Posts
back in the day there were a few with 03-04 636 tails that looked awesome

i think green tail is a ktm tail and the orange is a race tail for a zx6r.

n561201291_348428_8466.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts