Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was signing the receipt for my credit card purchase when the clerk noticed I had never signed my name on the back of the credit card. She informed me that she could not complete the transaction unless the card was signed.

When I asked why, she explained that it was necessary to compare the signature I had just signed on the receipt. So I signed the credit card in front of her.

She carefully compared the signature to the one I had just signed ON the receipt. As luck would have it, they matched.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I actually had a stupid manager at Radio Shack tell me that SEE ID was not valid because she had to compare my signature. I said you can compare the signature to the one on the ID as well as compare the photo. She still said it was "against policy". I told her that it was against my policy to shop where people are too stupid to figure this out on their own. I put my stuff back and have never been back to Radio Shack.

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
Credit Card companies suppposedly require a signature on the card for it to be valid.

We just ask for ID when the card isn't signed. We are not allowed to ask for ID if the card is signed (per credit card company rules), but we do compare signatures.

Technically, we can refuse to accept a card that is not signed.

SEE ID is fine, but you'll notice that 90% of stores wont even ask for ID even it you write SEE ID on the signature line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts