Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for all the forum vendors....flatout?

How about getting us military members a good deal on some of those new vests Icon is putting out so we can ride our bikes legally on base?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Frank...74 Motorsports in Lake Elsinore stock them....retail is $100.00 bucks but they will probably knock 10% off if you mention that you are referred by pongo of 2downRyders. Don't know if the sponsors can beat that once you add in shipping...plus you can ride over on the Ortega and have a little fun..

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Are you sure your looking at the right vest? The MSRP is only 50 bucks on the sight. If you can shoot me a phone # and I will give them a call, thnx.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Frankyoz said:
Are you sure your looking at the right vest? The MSRP is only 50 bucks on the sight. If you can shoot me a phone # and I will give them a call, thnx.
Sorry...I think I've just grown accustomed to everything being at least a hundred bucks...lol
951-245-5999

·
Registered
550 Posts
I got my thru http://www.newenough.com for $50 and s/h was free if I remember right had it in three days. So far very happy with the vest, best thing about it is the ID holder on the chest so you don't have to get out your card everytime you go thru a gate. If you're military I highly reccommend one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've got one myself! Best thing for a Military guy that goes on and off base daily. Yes, I paid $50 at my local dealer. I was very happy about the price. Outstanding product for Military guys who ride their bikes on base...
Recon

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If anybody still lookin for this PM lexusrx he has the best price and ive looked around a lot. He has real good prices on Icon gear.

·
Registered
595 Posts
dang you guys need to tell your bases to update their motorcycle polices, for naval bases south west wich goes from ventura down to san diego, you only need brightly colored jackets to get on base, no more reflective vest are needed. i get on base with a grey and black jacket every day, no hassles buy the rent a cops at the gate.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
RoadPizza said:
dang you guys need to tell your bases to update their motorcycle polices, for naval bases south west wich goes from ventura down to san diego, you only need brightly colored jackets to get on base, no more reflective vest are needed. i get on base with a grey and black jacket every day, no hassles buy the rent a cops at the gate.
Enjoy that ease of operation while you can times are changing to get on military base's. They are very strict to get on Base in Ga. If you don't have a msf saftey card, proper clothing, post decal, vest, you will not get on period no exceptions

·
Registered
595 Posts
we still need the rest the whole msc, insurance, and that whole lot of bs, they just took the big orange vest out of the picture, actually i still see people using the 2 inch reflective belt they just sling it cross body and they recive no hassles about that either.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Moosebud said:
Enjoy that ease of operation while you can times are changing to get on military base's. They are very strict to get on Base in Ga. If you don't have a msf saftey card, proper clothing, post decal, vest, you will not get on period no exceptions
Operators must wear brightly colored outer upper garments during the day and reflective upper garments during the night. Outer garments must be clearly visible and not covered. Military uniforms are not considered brightly colored or reflective outer garments and the safety center recommends wearing specialized protective clothing design for motorcycle enthusiasts. Such clothing incorporates a high degree of visibility and reflective properties. Reflective vests worn as an outer garment meet both brightly colored and reflective requirements but are no longer mandatory.

I just pulled that off of a kings bay GA websight at http://www.kingsbayperiscope.com/stories/070104/kin_motorcycle001.shtml

and its from the Naval Safety Center, call your safety center and have those clowns get up with the times.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
RoadPizza said:
I wish Camp Pendleton requires a reflective vest at all times. I know my last base only required bright colored clothing during the day. Its diffrent for us I guess, and not only that but the base CG and safety ops o has not approved the ICON vest yet according to the MSF instructor, however the MP's have not given anyone a hassle yet at all.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Technically for us we dont have to have a vest just "contrasting" long sleeve outter wear during day and reflective at night. But "contrasting" leaves a lot of room for the guards to hassle you about, so everybody wears vests just so they dont have to hear crap

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I think it is overkill as far as safety goes. I mean how many guys do you see that leave there vest on when they leave base. I mean they have all these rules the institute for bikes, and they enforce them like nazis, but what about the car rules. No cell phones are to be used seat belts etc. I see people all the time doing that crap but they dont get hassled

·
Registered
216 Posts
It's kinda like a safety policy for themselves (the base commander)... Kinda like speeding..the signs are posted...not everyone follows it, but if they get caught they can't say they didn't know. I know that there have been a increase in motorcycle deaths in the military in the past few years. So they are coming down hard with the policy changes....but it comes down to enforcement and some bases are more lenient then others or SF or gate guards aren't enforcing enough. I've also been to briefings where they said that if you are not wearing the required gear off base also they can use it as a line of duty determination and not cover you medically. I don't totally agree with all of that, I for one think that they should have or included in drivers classes a more detailed training/briefing to car drivers since they are the ones who can't seem to see us. I mean I can see the reflective gear...but in the day....we have our lights on and stuff!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts