Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or do u guys think Icon's gears are made for squids? Bling helmets and gloves that I do not think any real rider would wear except for a gixxer squid. I just received Motorcyclist and once again the bought about have the mag for their advertising. Maybe I am just pissed that this magazine sold it’s subscribers out, again. :angryfire

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have two of the MOTORHEAD jackets and the superduty boots and they perform flawlessly. I'm about as far as you can get from a squid. I do agree that those cheesy ti-max gloves are silly as well as some of the decorations on the jackets.. The MOTORHEAD jacket is pretty plain in comparison.
the quality of the jackets is on par with anything I've ever owned though.

the Gixxer comment only makes you look a little squidly yourself :wink:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
well i got the Icon Skull rubberized helmet & the Icon ballitic Ti summer jacket (it only has Icon written on the front with Ti plates on the shoulder.

The helmet isn't top notch like my Shoei or Suomy & the jacket is only a few month's old & i just snapped a button off the right wrist area.

I like my joe rocket appereal made much better.

Shit does that make me a squid than :rockwoot:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I bought the daytona jacket for my wife to wear, and its top notch.

Burner helmet I crashed worked well, too...

:dontknow:

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dam you guys are all squids :thefinger

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have the ICON super duty boots in black for the short trips when I'm not fully suited.....but thats rare. Some of their stuff looks blingy, but some of its good. I've heard that the Ti-max gloves (beyond their bling effect) are terrible for scratching paint and anything else they come in contact with.

Everything else I have is Alpinestar and I love it.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
And I would like to say that I loved my Burner helmet...

However I wouldn't get caught dead in the Burner Helmet, jacket, and gloves...:puke:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I heard..that Icon might start to make the Kawi stuff..not sure but I'll look into it some more.

Right now..Pilot Gloves and Kawi Jacket...HJC Helmet

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
icon motorhead and superduty gloves...blk/blk....not into the bling thing

i find the brand affordable and of good quality, no complaints yet.

if you catch me with the bling jacket and gloves and a fuggn boot protector on my left foot...than you can call me a squid

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I knew I heard someone new was taking over..but couldnt remember the name...maybe it was them. I think it was a full line up though..

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
I own two of their leather jackets and really like them. The only complaint I have is they do not have 360 degree zipper.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Ok I have to toss the BS flag on this one, Wear what you want to wear, if it protects your mellon, and torso legs, and feet who cares what brand it is??? personnally if you spend 400 plus bucks on a helmet your just a moron, imho cant see setting that helmet on my bike and by accident falling off and just getting all jacked up waste of money, I wear HJC helmets and i have bounced the nugget off of the ground acouple of times and they work just fine, and i have yet to crash test the icon helmet, but im sure it works just fine. to each their own as long as its not the typical gsxr issued shorts and tee's with flip flops.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
bottom line is you get what you pay for...there is 100% advantage to riding around in a Suomy or Shoei helmet opposed to an HJC or some other more affordable brand, as long as you can afford the price tag. I wear an HJC and its fine for me right now. but believe that the R&D involved in the higher end helmet is ridiculous. the materials used are lighter and stronger, the design and shaping is the best for airstreaming, the noise inside is far less and even the shield attatch points are better designed. your head is protected with any helmet, thats what DOT and SNELL are for, but these little extras are the things that HJC and ICON helmets dont provide and as a result are able to give the consumer a lower price. if you want the finer things that Suomy and Shoei provide than its "bucks up" cuz ur gonna get charged for it

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
05ZixxR said:
bottom line is you get what you pay for...there is 100% advantage to riding around in a Suomy or Shoei helmet opposed to an HJC or some other more affordable brand, as long as you can afford the price tag. I wear an HJC and its fine for me right now. but believe that the R&D involved in the higher end helmet is ridiculous. the materials used are lighter and stronger, the design and shaping is the best for airstreaming, the noise inside is far less and even the shield attatch points are better designed. your head is protected with any helmet, thats what DOT and SNELL are for, but these little extras are the things that HJC and ICON helmets dont provide and as a result are able to give the consumer a lower price. if you want the finer things that Suomy and Shoei provide than its "bucks up" cuz ur gonna get charged for it

you just redeemed yourself with me. Good post. :thumbsup: I have HJC helmets too but the arai I have is in a different league

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I wouldnt say their gear is for squids. As most squids dont wear gear. I will say some of the stuff is.... super :gay: I am pissed :rant: that the latest Motorcyclist Rag had 76 yes SEVENTY SIX fuggin pages of ICON adds.. Thats just stupid. Hell most Catalogs are that freakin big! :rant:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts