Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any sponsors have the Icon back protector in stock? I've checked around and they are on backorder till mid June/July through Parts Unlimited...After having surgery a couple of weeks ago for a torn Peck muscle i really want something that will protect the chest area as well.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
My buddy and I both bought those at the same time.

They are somewhere in our garages collecting dust.

They do not work well under a jacket.

They tend to move around and are not confortable.

I have never tried another back protector so I cannot tell you how the Icon compares.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crispin said:
My buddy and I both bought those at the same time.

They are somewhere in our garages collecting dust.

They do not work well under a jacket.

They tend to move around and are not confortable.

I have never tried another back protector so I cannot tell you how the Icon compares.
Yeah i'm worried about the fit issue as well...thats why i've been trying to find them somewhere in stock local to try it on under the jacket. Goes to figure that i've seen them all over the place but never tried one on before because i'm not a big fan of icon gear....but now that i want one nobody has them......if yours is collecting dust in the garage you wouldn't be interested in getting rid of it would you and hook a brother up...lol

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
motorcyclesuperstore had the icon in stock so i ordered one and it arrived yesterday.....tried it own and it felt like sh*t. just like you said.....moves around alot and its way to bulky under the jacket so i'm returning it.....now i've ordered the alpinestars tech protector and hopefully i won't be disappointed with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts