Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone. My name is Greg and I am in the US Army, and currently stationed in Stuttgart, Germany. I will be getting out in 2 months an heading back to the homeland of Frederick, MD. One of the first things I plan to pick up is a cheap car, and then the most important thing, a new(ish) bike. I plan to pick up a Gen 4 or 5 as soon as I can. And it being winter means I shouldnt have trouble finding a good deal on one.

As far as my background of riding. I started on a 2008 R6. It being my first bike I didn't do many mods to it, and performance wise it stayed bone stock. I ended up selling it like 8 months later because I felt I didn't want a bike, boy was I wrong.

I went bikeless for a very long time. I then picked up a 2004 Cbr600rr for cheap since it needed some work. I only had it a month before I traded it for a quad.

My next bike purchase was the one that changed everything. I picked up a not-so-stock 2003 GSXR1000. My god did that thing teach me how to ride. It was the first bike I took to the drag strip, the first bike that I really rode balls to the wall. I am grateful that it didn't try to kill me.

My next bike was a 2003 Z1000, because wheelie. I did -1/+3 gearing and I probably could have gotten 80K miles out of the front tire, because it was never on the ground. But this bike did try to kill me. From what I remember, I went down in a construction zone, and went head first into a concrete barrier at somewhere near 70 mph. I remember waking up on the sidewalk with my bike in front of me in pieces. I walked away with just a semi severe concussion.

Next and last bike I owned was a 2003 VTR1000F Superhawk. This was the first v-twin bike I have owned, and the first carb'd bike. But goddamn did I love it. Never gave me any trouble and ran like a top.

I do have some experience riding on a track as well. I took my Superhawk to a track day once, and have ridden a Ninja 300 on the track as well (now that was truly a fun experience). I also have ridden a Fully AMA built S1kRR and ZX10r, and that is what pretty much forced me to decide that my next bike would be a Gen 4 or 5 zx10.

But anyways, thats a lot of TL:DR, but in short, name is Greg, I have been riding for almost 4 years, and I want to buy a new bike in about 3 months.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
:welcome: to the site Greg!

Let's see her when you get her, lots of info here on whatever you get! :ayyy:

Merry Christmas, and thank you for your service!! :patriot:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first bike, my 08 R6

I dont have any pics of my CBR, but here is my old GSXR1000

My Z1000

My Z and my Superhawk

My Z1000 right after the crash. This is what I saw when I came to.

And the AMA built S1kRR that I rode, and I loved it:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just noticed something, all of the pics of the Z are post-crash, that is why it looks like a bike from mad max.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts