Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was gonna upgrade to a liter bike after putting a bit over 6K miles on my R6, but me and my friend have decided I need to rip up another 600 first. We had a nice day here in texas, first time in a long time, so i went ridding with my friend (he's on a 1000rr) and some of his buddies. I remember a bit, but not much. We met up at our usual spot and once we had a small group went ridding. I was behind a guy on a 600rr, but I was all over his butt so I passed, good thing too. When we got up to the TX-OK border in Denision, I lowsided goin 65 into a grass field in a left curve and either hit a metal pole or landed damn close to it. The guy on the 600rr saw me stopped and called 911. I dont remember anything, I apparently hit my chin to the ground just after my legs so I was OUT! According to my friend, I was awake when the paramedics arrived and the first words outta my mouth to the medics were "DONT PUT A CATHIDER IN!" and "HOW'S MY BIKE?!?" I was in ICU for a day and a half, then I had my own room through Tue. and got out that evening. I have a knee the size of a cantaloupe, separated shoulder, had a briused lung, and a concussion. If I want to lie down and turn my head i have to manually do it with my one good arm, and i can only sleep on my back. The Dr. asked if I was getting another bike and I said hell yeah.

Bike is now a rolling chasis (straight forks, main, and swing and clean title), and we pulled the engine a few days ago. I have full health so Ill take what's left from the first wreck, PIP (if i get it), and the remenints of my R6 to go get a 05/06 600rr.

Wear your gear!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Glad your still here......sorry to hear about the down. :sad:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
wow I keep seeing these posts lately a lot of people are going down. Just to help you guys out that dont ride everyday or took the winter off. GO SLOW you have to build up your abilities all over again. Its not a bicycle its a motorcycle. Glad to hear your ok at least you didn't break anything. BTW what kind of helmet did you have that you hit your chin?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Sounds like you took a nasty fall but I am glad to hear you are ok.
Its too early in the year to be reading all these post about people wrecking.

·
Registered
777 Posts
What kinda gear were you wearing and how did it hold up? Sucks you went down, but nothing like getting real life crash test results.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was wearing my leather work boots, alpinestar race pants, 1st racing leather jacket, joe rocket mercury gloves, and a Bell Spirit helmet. My head is good btw nothing wrong now. I've got an X-11 picked out already.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts