Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But the twist is......I was in the cage!

I was with my friend in his F-150 yesterday, the back was full of drywall we were bringing to his house for renovations. We were in the left hand lane passing several cars in a row to the right of us. The car to the front right of us suddenly came into our lane without looking or signalling. So my friend did the only thing he could do to avoid hitting it and applied his brakes. We barely missed the car but to our surprise, we still heard and felt a crash, but it was behind us. We looked behind us and could see a bike lying on the road. We pulled over to help the guy out if we could and to see what happened. The guy had a broken collar bone and a broken leg according to the paramedics who showed up soon. His bike was a 2004 GSXR 600 that it turns out he's only had for a few months and it was his first bike. Another motorist pulled over who saw the accident said the bike was only about 2 feet behind us...and we were going about 80 km/h! Now how in the hell do you expect to react with only 2 feet between you and the vehicle in front of you? Another thing is that with the stuff in the truck bed we didn't even know the bike was there.
All in all, I felt bad that the guy was hurt and his bike was trashed, but it was completely his fault and it should have never happened.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
yeah, tail gating on a motorcycle is bad defensive driving f'sho, not to say I never have but I have read statistics on speed vs brakeing distance and you need a whole lot of time to stop at just minor speeds. Feel sorry for that guy but at least he learned a leason and it should make him more aware in the future, hopefully. :wink:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Thats to bad the guy got hurt, by why would anybody on a bike be tail gateing. you are just asking for it. to bad you got caught up on his mistake. hopfully he will learn from this.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
bluedevil said:
yeah, tail gating on a motorcycle is bad defensive driving f'sho, not to say I never have but I have read statistics on speed vs brakeing distance and you need a whole lot of time to stop at just minor speeds. Feel sorry for that guy but at least he learned a leason and it should make him more aware in the future, hopefully. :wink:
Hard lesson! Hopefully he isn't scared off motorcycles completely.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
These retard's come a dime a dozen..to tell you the truth i hope the dumbass learn's his leason & never get's back on a bike.

It's fool's like that that'll take one of us out in a heart beat, i already got enough to worry about when i'm on my bike.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gpz1100 said:
Hard lesson! Hopefully he isn't scared off motorcycles completely.
Are you kidding? I hope it's a lesson to him to never get on a bike again!

As for the truck....lol....good ole' Ford....it only had a small scratch on the rear bumper.

·
Registered
314 Posts
there is prolly some biker out there bitching on a forum right now about some cager who just slammed on his brakes for no reason at all :mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts