Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
power commander said "noway" yesterday when i called them. i figure theres got to be a way. any one have a wire diagram for the '08-'09? anyone have any helpful info. ive used a PCV on our race snowmobile and i love it. the autotune feature would be great for what im trying to do as well. thanks for any replies....

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Not only do I think it will work, but I think it will pug right up and work. The problem will be the maps, all the PCV zx10r maps are out there for are all for 08+. Another thing, the 08--09 has two sets of injectors correct? I know the PCIII would only control one set, not sure about the PCV, that may be a issue on a 06-07 that only have one set of injectors

My basis for this hypothisis (and its just that, a educated guess) is that when the 08's came out a few members recieved their dynojet PCIII's and they were 06-07 PCIII's and they worked, seems the only thing dynojet did was change the length of the harness on the 08-09 PCIII other than that it was the same unit. So common sense says that if the PCIII did not know the difference between the 06-07 and the 08-09 why would the PCV. Well about the only way to find out for sure is for someone to step up to the plate and try it. If it did not work you could always return it or resell it. I had not a whole lot of interest in this as my PCIII does everything I want it to do, so I really had no need to try it. Good luck if you try it, and definately let everybody know.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they did say that the PCV only controls one set of 4 injectors. they have an add on for the other 4. i simply like the auto tune feature thats all. thanks for the info!

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
:bump:
where is the wizard they call Garth, surely he can afirm it's probability?!

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
The pcv does only program 4 injectors I know this because to get a quick shifter with the pcv you need something else forget what it's called to control the other 4. I've been told the pcv and pc3 maps are the same I do not know if this is true though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that chick throws me off every time!!!!
ok focus, its called the SFM secondary fuel module.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts